Dante Bucci - In Memoriam (Compilation of Videos/Recordings)

Re: Dante Bucci - In Memoriam (Compilation of Videos/Recordings)

Postby Docterry » Wed Sep 17, 2014 2:42 pm

HI, this is Docterry McGrath...it's been some time since I posted anything on the Handpan site...so long I forgot my password. :) I was wondering if you could send it to me. I sent this to Gidda in August...but it's been hard to get to post this.

Dante was my "adopted folk son" from the Philadelphia Folk Festival back in 2002. We would jam together frequently into the wee hours; both of us loved unusual instruments; he played all types of percussion and the didgeridoo and Saw when I met him, me with my handtruck of instruments from jaw harp and jug , slide whistle and ocarina, clarinet and tin whisle, accordion and psaltry, Hammered dulcimer and kazoo.... As Dante described in his interview with Colin Foulke, I introduced him to the HANG back in 2006: I had seen a first generation played at a yoga healing music session in November of 2005, and we each got one from Ron Kravitz on the very same day in December of 2006. Early on I was showing him tunes I found on the instrument, he would then add percussion and rhythms and back beats.. within months he was so far ahead of me... it was wonderful to see what his genius accomplished! I continued to teach him tunes I had found until June of 2014. He was packing to come to Philadelphia Folk Festival to perform when he fell.

We performed as "The HANG Brothers" from 2007 through 2010.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eT1L18CzAvM Stairway to Heaven Philly Folk Festival 2008.
I have been posting videos of these "early years" on my Facebook page; most of these are unreleasec videos like "home movies". I would love to share some of these with the HandPan community. But when I try to upload they crash the link. Spike, can you help me?

Thanks to all for the kindness and sympathy you have shown.
Docterry
Docterry

Postby CaseyB » Fri Oct 17, 2014 3:36 am

I just got my first handpan and signed up for this board. This is the very first post I read and it's devastating! Dante was the first person I had ever seen play a handpan and he played so beautifully that it planted the seed for my obsession. I wish I could have seen him play live and tell him how amazing his music was, is.
CaseyB

Postby soulful » Tue Dec 30, 2014 6:35 pm

This was just posted, it is not my work I'm just passing it along: https://vimeo.com/115586868
"Ryan Post composed this song for his friend Dante (a follow pan player), who passed away this summer. The song can to Ryan while he was street performing, and let's him know what his friend's spirit is alright and still lives on through music.

In memory of Dante, the song was preformed in candlelight under a tunnel to channel the pan's unique sound."
soulful
Steel is in my veins

Postby Heavenly3lues » Wed Dec 31, 2014 5:08 am

soulful wrote:This was just posted, it is not my work I'm just passing it along: https://vimeo.com/115586868
"Ryan Post composed this song for his friend Dante (a follow pan player), who passed away this summer. The song can to Ryan while he was street performing, and let's him know what his friend's spirit is alright and still lives on through music.

In memory of Dante, the song was preformed in candlelight under a tunnel to channel the pan's unique sound."

Thanks for sharing!

I never did see this thread through to becoming a wall of Dante's videos. Mostly, it was difficult with me not being able to edit the posts. Anyways... I wanted to share that I am going into the studio on the 4th to record the song that I wrote on the day Dante passed. I have had the opportunity to share this song with many people since then at my concerts. I am passing on two of the pans used in it (it's a 3-pan song) to new owners. I wanted to etch this moment into a properly recorded song and video. I am having the same videographer who did my video for Satya come in to film (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SIB5dZp7kKg). I will be sure and post it here when it's completed.
Studio albums available!
www.jeremyarndt.com

Download my live sets - Name your price!
www.heavenly3lues.bandcamp.com

Heavenly3lues
Steel is in my veins

Postby Guitòti » Fri Jul 17, 2015 8:11 pm

As I promise, I made a music in Memory to Dante, because he was amoungs the first hang players who made me discover this instrument & that I listen his album again & again.

https://soundcloud.com/guitoti-musicien ... e-de-dante

It's a track from my new album.
You can download this track freely!
Guitóti
http://www.guitoti.fr

Handpans are unfamiliar with borders
Locations map of handpans' players worldwide
Guitòti
Lives to HandPan

Postby mudman » Thu Jul 23, 2015 5:29 pm

This is JudithL singing a song she wrote on her Jibuk, but she didn't have that pan available at the time so she sang it acapella. It was recorded to share with Dante's family, but with her permission it is being shared here for the benefit of all. Every time I watched her sing it both in person and on the recording I have been very deeply moved. Thank you for sharing this, Judith! <3

Ayasa Raga Desya Todi 14 D/ (E) F# (G) A B C# D E F# A (B) (C#) (D)
Halo Raga Desya Todi (Eb) G Bb C D Eb F G Bb
Ayasa Amara 8 (C#) G# B C# D# E F# G# B
8 note and Opus 10 note electric Idiopans.

Check out my NEW album.

Play for yourself...
mudman
Steel is in my veins

Postby willow » Thu Jul 23, 2015 6:30 pm

@mudman, JudithL - That hit me straight in the heart, so pure...Thank you for sharing. <3
Zen #100 Equinox is in tha house!!! :heart:
willow
Crazy about HandPan

Postby grooveboy_jazz » Thu Aug 13, 2015 2:58 pm

I still can't believe that one year ago today the amazingly talented Dante Bucci tragically passed away. He was a big influence on my handpan playing, and I often think of him while I'm playing. Here is a piece that I wrote in his memory

Bells #465 - Protus Whimfire
Bells #41 - Gen 1 Hijazkiar
Saraz - Arcadian
Halo - Avebury
Lots of other instruments - too many to list really! (mainly woodwinds and keyboards)
grooveboy_jazz
Crazy about HandPan

Postby didgimike » Thu Aug 13, 2015 6:46 pm

Truly a beautiful piece to send out into the ethers , heartfelt :love:
didgimike
HandPan Lover

Previous

Return to Dante Bucci