New builder out there :-)

Warnings of suspect sales.

Re: New builder out there :-)

Postby MusicianwithaCamera » Tue Jun 25, 2013 4:45 am

broussel2 wrote:
These are Sagittarius pans. I own one. I love playing it.. some maintenance is required (ie. Oiling & Polishing) but I really don't understand why they have such a bad rep on this forum.

This bad reputation has been patiently acquired by these makers over the years... A little reading will give you all the information you need (provided you are not one of their numerous straw men--in which case you already know).
BTW, thanks for confirming that they are the same builders. Any idea of what happened to the rest of their customers for 2013, as all the Sagittarius handpans for 2013 were supposedly already spoken for according to their website ? :D

I am not a straw man.. I acquired one of their pans in the same way Guitaronaut did. I'll admit, It was a leap of faith going through with the payment and trusting they would deliver, but I'm glad I took the risk because they delivered and now I'm playing a pan rather than wishing I was playing one. I can only assume that there are others like me who have received and are receiving pans from them. I really don't think they are trying to be deceptive. I asked them about the rebranding and they told me they will be sticking with SGT from now on. I'm not sure what has happened in the past, but as far as I can tell they are producing nice pans Now. What am I missing?
MusicianwithaCamera

Postby MusicianwithaCamera » Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:13 am

G.Spence wrote:Hi there,

Ive just seen this website: http://stg.webpin.com/1585104_HOME.html - a new pan maker :D

What do you think of those pans?

Have someone on the forum already tried them?

Best,

G

I have an Imperial scale.. I have no complaints..
MusicianwithaCamera

Postby psanchez » Sat Jul 13, 2013 1:10 am

Update from STG Sculpture.

If you are interested in getting this wonderful and high quality sculpture you have the option of discovering yourself the work they do instead of deciding whether or not believing in the same members attempting to make controversy towards this brand.

STG offers video assistance via Skype, so if you were selected to buy and STG from their waiting list you have the chance to video meet with them via Skype. This way you can ask all your question regarding service, availability, logistic and everything like that before making a purchase. In addition you will be able to see with sound the actual STG you are going to receive, their job shop, all the accessories and how they work, know the makers personally and all their work in general.

I did it and I convinced myself, and now I have a beautiful STG living in my home. Hope this information was useful for you.
psanchez
HandPan Fan

Postby broussel2 » Sat Jul 13, 2013 9:08 am

Psanchez, I jump on the occasion to ask you because that's a question everybody is wondering... Wasn't it a Sagittarius you had the last time you came here ? Maybe you're a little confused with all these name changes... I'm sure you can help us understand... :lol:
Meraki Caliban
Halo Equinox 9
Halo Avalon
Sunpan A3+E
https://sites.google.com/site/handpanscales/
broussel2
Can't stop talking about Handpan

Postby TyGuy » Sat Jul 13, 2013 7:47 pm

psanchez wrote:Update from STG Sculpture.

If you are interested in getting this wonderful and high quality sculpture you have the option of discovering yourself the work they do instead of deciding whether or not believing in the same members attempting to make controversy towards this brand.

STG offers video assistance via Skype, so if you were selected to buy and STG from their waiting list you have the chance to video meet with them via Skype. This way you can ask all your question regarding service, availability, logistic and everything like that before making a purchase. In addition you will be able to see with sound the actual STG you are going to receive, their job shop, all the accessories and how they work, know the makers personally and all their work in general.

I did it and I convinced myself, and now I have a beautiful STG living in my home. Hope this information was useful for you.

PSanchez,

You have made this post multiple times in multiple threads, word-for-word, each time. The admin team has received numerous reports of this from concerned users. Consider this a formal warning: these identical, multiple, word-for-word, posts in various threads appear to many to be marketing for a company. Please refrain from doing this any further. With a second warning will come a two-week time-out for your account. Please recognize that this type of posting makes up a good portion of your minimal post history.

Thank you,

The Admin Team.
TyGuy
Elder

Postby psanchez » Sun Jul 14, 2013 7:01 pm

I'd like to put more interesting videos i found on their channel.

Mystic Sea & Tibetan bowls https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=p ... DfBl8HVtCk

to see how the STG sound in detailed with all the harmonics and sound in general: https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=p ... e0OH2M-U1s

In my opinion this thread should not be in the be aware section, that title is so annoying and that makes me feel sad as i have had a wonderful experience with the brand and a part of them is living in my home and others person homes.
psanchez
HandPan Fan

Postby edgar » Sun Jul 14, 2013 7:50 pm

@psanchez- You are clearly marketing for this brand. If you are a happy customer then all you need to do is tell us you love your STG and maybe post a video of you enjoying it. Stop bombarding us with the same sentences praising the STG. The longer you continue this, the more negative things will be said. Many people here have played an STG and don't like it. I am one of them.
edgar
HandPan Fan

Postby TyGuy » Sun Jul 14, 2013 8:09 pm

I'd be interested to also hear your thoughts on other handpans, PSanchez, in the other various houses and threads. ;)
TyGuy
Elder

Postby psanchez » Sun Jul 14, 2013 9:03 pm

I am not marketing. if you think I am "bombarding" if because each time someone here put a good review some members comes as an horde and bombard them with questions, comments and people get tired of that.. the same thing every time but i am very willing to respond everithin i can.. etc. Why did not you like it? what scale what is? why not to send your feedback to the makers so they can improve more?.. if you actually have tried them.. and yea i should start speakinkg and posting about other brands but i dont do that because i have not tried any and i dont review or comment of something i have no seen or tried as many do here.. once i had a hang and i put my opinion.. full of rust and so much out of tune.. hope the new owner are happy with it.
psanchez
HandPan Fan

Postby edgar » Sun Jul 14, 2013 9:52 pm

I did not want to voice my opinion because what I think of STG has already been said. Just like your opinion, you have stated it many many times. No need to continue. The only reason I spoke up was because you keep saying the same thing.

Here it is. I played Guitargonaut's, Osiris scale I believe. I admit I spent more time hearing others play it. The overall tone fields sounded in tune. But I don't know about the partials. I did not like the voice of the instrument, in terms of what I like in a hand pan( STG had more of a gamelan sound). It sounded more metal like, then I would prefer. Not the sustain I would prefer. It looked like it would be a nightmare for Kyle to re-tune( dents, and made from weird shells), which is who I would go to since I am around a 6 hour drive from Pantheon.

I do think the newer ones sound better, and I hope this continues.
edgar
HandPan Fan

PreviousNext

Return to Buyer Beware