Electronic Tracking Devices

What have you lost ? What have you found ?

Re: Electronic Tracking Devices

Postby Spike » Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:12 pm

"HeROes"

I want that job!!!!!
Spike

Postby snowboo » Thu Jun 28, 2012 6:57 pm

If you can pinpoint a cell phone fairly accurately with GPS (hell, even Google maps uses cell phone data to map out traffic delays fairly accurately), the GPS needed for this sort of thing would only have to be similar in strength to that embedded into a cell phone.

Maybe Americans shipping within the US don't have to worry too much, but quite a few other countries don't have very secure shipping systems, so short of hiring an armed chaperon to accompany the crate, some sort of GPS creation might be a cheaper solution in these situations, imo.

ETA- even if it doesn't enable you to retrieve it, it would at least give you answers as to where it is.
snowboo
Crazy about HandPan

Postby Spike » Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:47 pm

the GPS needed for this sort of thing would only have to be similar in strength to that embedded into a cell phone.

Did you even read what TheHoff just posted?
"Battery on the phone lasts about 10h with GPS and Wifi on. "
Or it it more like you just like to disagree with anyone that might agree with me..

BTW, did you finish reading all my 2300+ posts yet?
Spike

Postby snowboo » Fri Jun 29, 2012 4:56 am

Spike wrote:
the GPS needed for this sort of thing would only have to be similar in strength to that embedded into a cell phone.

Did you even read what TheHoff just posted?
"Battery on the phone lasts about 10h with GPS and Wifi on. "
Or it it more like you just like to disagree with anyone that might agree with me..

The argument I was making was in reference to this:

Spike wrote:So lets say you have your HandPan ripped off. and you track it to some location.... Happens to be an apartment building..
So you what? call the police and have them bust down a door, only to find out that they busted down the wrong door?...

My point was GPS is sensitive enough to overcome the vagueness you suggested.

Spike wrote:BTW, did you finish reading all my 2300+ posts yet?

Yeah, it's not hard to read your "posts" since you've spent your time here on the forum editing them and left them all with a simple period instead of any sort of contribution at all. What was that to prove again?
snowboo
Crazy about HandPan

Postby greenoak » Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:57 am

editing them and left them all with a simple period instead of any sort of contribution at all. What was that to prove again?

There was a time not very long ago where we allowed editing of posts indefinitely. Some members took advantage of that and changed their posts - mid argument. It was not a good policy.

Spike proved the point by editing good posts with a period. We got the message. Posts are now only allowed to be edited for a short window. It was a tough lesson that Spike taught us, but we are better for it.

That is why Snowboo.

-greenoak :ugeek:
----
As you feed on men and things, so they feed upon you. Be wholesome food to others if you would not be poisoned.

Mikhail Naimy The Book of Mirdad
greenoak
Admin

Postby snowboo » Fri Jun 29, 2012 5:02 pm

greenoak wrote:
editing them and left them all with a simple period instead of any sort of contribution at all. What was that to prove again?

There was a time not very long ago where we allowed editing of posts indefinitely. Some members took advantage of that and changed their posts - mid argument. It was not a good policy.

Spike proved the point by editing good posts with a period. We got the message. Posts are now only allowed to be edited for a short window. It was a tough lesson that Spike taught us, but we are better for it.

That is why Snowboo.

-greenoak :ugeek:

That was his intention in doing it or just the positive result the mods pulled out of him doing it?

Ah, sorry, off topic. I shouldn't have taken the bait. :sulk:
snowboo
Crazy about HandPan

Postby Spike » Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:01 pm

Greenoak is a very good Admin here and I give him a lot of respect... (For that matter, so is all the admin team..)

He put forth the facts and still gets heckled from this *young girl*.

That was his intention in doing it or just the positive result the mods pulled out of him doing it?

Well young girl, because you have no clue on what happened, let me bring you up to speed a little here.
I brought up the post editing problem to the mods many many times and nothing happened.
Some members were still going back and changing history.
I warned them that this was not good..
I even told them I was going to prove my point..
So, you see, this change was in fact MY idea... Deal with it!

You seem to have issues agreeing with anyone that might agree with me...

*Young might not have anything to do with age, more of a mindset.
Spike

Postby greenoak » Sat Jun 30, 2012 7:27 am

Yay - more in-thread moderation :+1:

Snowboo writes: That was his intention in doing it or just the positive result the mods pulled out of him doing it?

Ah, sorry, off topic. I shouldn't have taken the bait.

And yet you took the bait and posted anyway? I don't understand. If you realized you were doing it, why didn't you delete your post?

And for the record, Spike's account is correct.

AND Spike - her forum name is Snowboo :arrow: :idea: Please do not characterize or belittle.

AND AND :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: CAN WE POSSIBLY KEEP ON TOPIC INSTEAD OF SNIPING :fist:

- Greenoak :ugeek:
----
As you feed on men and things, so they feed upon you. Be wholesome food to others if you would not be poisoned.

Mikhail Naimy The Book of Mirdad
greenoak
Admin

Postby CarolW » Sat Jun 30, 2012 7:41 am

We could always go on a Snipe Hunt - anybody been on one of those? It requires a leader and a lot of followers.

(Snipes don't exist - supposedly - yet they seem a bit plentiful at times here on the forum) :shock:

Fri, 29 Jun 2012 23:40:08 (PDT)
CarolW [AKA PollyAnna] - Great Green Gros(s)Beak
Vortex of the D-Lyrians
In my lap: SPb-Pantam Kurd 9 - Thanks Victor and Forum
CarolW
Can't stop talking about Handpan

Postby snowboo » Sat Jun 30, 2012 8:26 pm

greenoak wrote:Yay - more in-thread moderation :+1:

Snowboo writes: That was his intention in doing it or just the positive result the mods pulled out of him doing it?

Ah, sorry, off topic. I shouldn't have taken the bait.

And yet you took the bait and posted anyway? I don't understand. If you realized you were doing it, why didn't you delete your post?

The bait hooking occurred in my prior post, which was past the time we are allowed to delete posts. *shrugs*

No worries through, Greenoak, ignore list activated.
snowboo
Crazy about HandPan

PreviousNext

Return to Lost and Found