Tinnitus (a constant)

What have you lost ? What have you found ?

Re: Tinnitus (a constant)

Postby Kryten » Thu Jan 16, 2014 1:26 pm

Hey there,

what an interesting thread here! I have a Tinnitus roughly since last summer and as a (hobby) musician this really annoyed me at first. Now I can ignore it the most time, only when it is quiet around me it gets louder again.
I am pretty sure that it is related to stress/bad mood as I have been a bit down for the last year or so. At the moment I am doing research about meditaion and Yoga and will start to practice it. I really hope this can help me.
Of course I also visited a doctor when it started, but they seem to be really clueless about the reasons for that....my ears got checked...everything was good...and that was it. Next thing would have been medication or an infusion therapy, but I really don't want that as I have the feeling it will do more harm than good. Also the doc mentioned that this is only a guessed treatment for it, without knowing if it would help or not, as they don't know the cause.

I would love to learn more about other possible self-treatmenst like that binaural (idose) stuff and how to do it exactly. I have quite some audio equipment at home(hobby producer), good headphones included..so if I know what I need, I can probably set it up in no time.

All the best!
Alex
Innersound (E) G A B D E G A (For Sale^^)
Symphonic Steel Onoleo (B) F# G B Eb E F# G B
Ayasa Amara (D) A C D E F G A C E
Saraz E minor 11 E/(F#,G) B, D, E, F#, G, A, B, D

incoming (soon I hope^^):
Zen Ziska
Hamsa
Kryten
Crazy about HandPan

Postby Ju_Lien » Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:05 pm

Another solution could be plantar reflexology (hope it's the correct english term)
One of my friend is a good kinesitherapist (really good one, not the basic who's gonna switch on the machine and leave you for 20mn, she studied loads of extra things) Once she helped a guy with tinnitus, working on the part corresponding to internal ear : just by pressing it, the guy could feel the tinnitus reducing... The day after the session, he came back to say it was the best night he ever had, the tinnitus has reduced a lot !
Was just one session but I guess if you find someone talented and get some constant sessions, it could be very efficient...

I'd also like to warn against very high priced therapies, doesn't mean anything ! The best osteopaths I've seen aren't the more expensive at all.
Free your Mind... And your Pan will follow !

Saraz Hokkaido #12
Ju_Lien
Lives to HandPan

Postby Afinfas » Thu Jan 16, 2014 3:03 pm

I had for some time a similar experience...
Not really a tinitus but I was hearing bad from my right ear...like if I had a flue and it was stuck. I was getting very afraid as Music is my passion so I went to the doctor. Made the hearing test and she said I was hearing perfectly!! :shock:
She said that this sympthom should be from something else, could be an infection on the tooth, could be from my neck!! I wasnt really satisfied with the answer but went to dentist anyway and there was nothing. She only asked me if I bit myself (pressing teeth against each other) while sleeping?? Yeah strange question I know but my answer was: Yes and NO! :D
No, cause if im sleeping how can I tell if I do that!!? :giggle: Yes, cause my girlfriend tells me that it happens sometimes, normally when im tense or nervous with something.
So I went to a relaxing massage from my neck cause this kind of behavior has this consequences. Tension on neck!! And I really got better!! And after this I was thinking what could have cause this tension besides the teeth thing...
I reached the conclusion that it was how I was sitting on my desk!! I was looking to the screen not straight but looking up and this was creating tension and causing my problem on the ear!!

Now I have quite some attention to this issue! :)

Just wanted to leave this "report" here. It might help someone. Sometimes its not the most obvious thing...

Peace
Afinfas
Can't stop talking about Handpan

Postby Kryten » Thu Jan 16, 2014 3:41 pm

Hm, I should look into that, as I have tension on the neck too. I sit at the computer all the working hours and at home a lot too...not looking up to the screen, but still not a very healthy position. I will look around for possible relaxing massages in my area...its worth a try I think.
Innersound (E) G A B D E G A (For Sale^^)
Symphonic Steel Onoleo (B) F# G B Eb E F# G B
Ayasa Amara (D) A C D E F G A C E
Saraz E minor 11 E/(F#,G) B, D, E, F#, G, A, B, D

incoming (soon I hope^^):
Zen Ziska
Hamsa
Kryten
Crazy about HandPan

Postby Afinfas » Thu Jan 16, 2014 4:05 pm

Kryten wrote:Hm, I should look into that, as I have tension on the neck too. I sit at the computer all the working hours and at home a lot too...not looking up to the screen, but still not a very healthy position. I will look around for possible relaxing massages in my area...its worth a try I think.

The posture of a person is extremely important!!! And its often disregarded. How you seat, how you walk...this is very important to have in mind. Specially if you sit for long periods of time, its important to have a relaxing posture. Might be worth it to buy a good chair, even if expensive! Your health/body will say thank you! ;)
Afinfas
Can't stop talking about Handpan

Postby hodad66 » Thu Jan 16, 2014 4:20 pm

I have had it for some 30 years and can add that it becomes a background
noise that you simply ignore after a while............. :mrgreen:
http://tonguetieddrums.com/ (double sided) - F major pentatonic and La Sirena
Mana Stone Kurd 10 scale
Bali Steel #391, Shang Diao
hodad66
HandPan Lover

Postby I.Raptus » Wed May 28, 2014 7:15 pm

I was born with it. That is to say, I cannot ever remember a time when I did not have that ringing squeal in my head. Years of motorcycles, drums and military have made it much worse. Advil does seem to help. I sleep with a fan going always now. A little white noise masks the ringing.

If I concentrate on it though, it could very well drive me insane so I try not to think about it. It is amazing what you can get used to in life.
I.Raptus
HandPan Lover

Postby EvilZeg » Wed Sep 17, 2014 7:16 pm

I've had tinnitus for years, and I have found using this white noise generator has really helped with sleep. You are able to "tune" it to the proper frequency to drown out the ring in your ears, or at least I have been able to.

http://www.amazon.com/Marpac-DOHM-DS-Na ... B000KUHFGM
EvilZeg

Postby Drumzzone EO » Sun May 03, 2015 2:59 am

Good thread! I have a very skilled trained friend Elizabeth J Nahum who specializes in Tinitus hypnotherapy....she is here in the US and a great contact for options and info. :)
Silverado & Voyager 432
drumzzone.com
mandala-me.com
Drumzzone EO
Lives to HandPan

Postby chief of nothing » Mon May 04, 2015 11:25 am

this lovely thing was part of my life too.

i went to the hospital, and they told me to come everyday for 2 weeks, lay down for 2 hours and they will put some liquid in my blood, to make it more fluid, and maybe this thing will disappear.
FORGET ABOUT, after 3 days i stop going there and told them it disappear ( which was not true off course )
somehow i felt that putting strange liquid in my vein was not the right thing to do.

so i was home with this beeeeeeeeeeeeep in my hear. i didn't know what to do.
it can drive you crazy, but go over it, observe it ;)

the more you think and concentrate on it the more intense it gets. ( which is quiet easy because its in your head ). :bang:
and the other hand if you manage to focus less on it, it get more quiet :D

conclusion, tinnitus doesn't exist ! tell yourself this beeeeeeeeeeeeep doesn't exist, ignore it ! every time it shows up tell him to go away, tell him he doesn't belong to you, basically tell your tinnitus to fuck off and keep quiet :x

i am not telling you its easy,
but see it as a game, like somebody comes and bother you, just tell him you re not interested,
don't get into a fight, stay calm and say NO, every time it comes say NO,
talk to him like : hey beepbeep, what do you want? i don't know you, i don't have time to play with you, go back...

tinnitus will challenge you, similar to your mind actually, they both try to get you out of balance, out of your peaceful state.
make this statment to yourself :

I AM PEACEFUL AND WILL REMAIN PEACEFUL NO MATTER WHAT, NO MATTER WHO.

you and only you can do it, nothing comes by accident, don't see beepbeep as a sickness, see it as a master who is trying to teach you something.

remember you always have the choice to decide.
so what do you want ?
stress or peace ?

if you want peace, then really make peace with your entire self, tell yourself that you love yourself, accept yourself for who you are
cause you re just perfect the way you are ;)

try...

bye-bye beepbeep
chief of nothing
Lives to HandPan

PreviousNext

Return to Lost and Found