Michael Ohl (michael)

Michael Ohl (michael)

Postby wuola » Wed Sep 28, 2016 10:26 pm

Received a message yesterday that Michael has left us... He wanted me to tell you this.

I'm running short of words but not emotions, so this evening I sat down and played a little song for him. Maybe, if you knew him from the forums or in real life, you might also want to record a little song in his memory and post it in this thread... I'm sure he would have loved it!

Michael, if it is hard to cut the habit and you're still reading these forums, I just wanted to let you know I'm grateful for knowing you and being your friend... Cheers! I believe you found your peace when still alive and I don't think death can change that. :)

<3
Real Music for Unreal Times
Twitter/Facebook/Instagram/Soundcloud: @KumeaSound
http://www.kumea.net
wuola
Crazy about HandPan

Re: Michael Ohl (michael)

Postby greenoak » Thu Sep 29, 2016 2:42 am

:shock: :(

Michael was such an awesome, upbeat person - even in the face of such personal adversity. He is an inspiration.

Play your singing steel for the Angels Michael.

<3
----
As you feed on men and things, so they feed upon you. Be wholesome food to others if you would not be poisoned.

Mikhail Naimy The Book of Mirdad
greenoak
Admin

Postby CFoulke » Thu Sep 29, 2016 2:54 am

wuola wrote:Received a message yesterday that Michael has left us... He wanted me to tell you this.

Thank you Lauri for being the one to let us know. Michael was a very bright light on this forum and brought such a sense of happiness and community. His presence will be missed. May we all carry on his traditions and positivity.

wuola wrote:I believe you found your peace when still alive and I don't think death can change that. :)

What a beautiful sentiment. As if Michael didn't teach us enough already...

<3 <3 <3

CFoulke
Play now, think later...
One Tall Poppy

2019 Æther E SaByeD, Halcyon, Low Kumoi, C# Celtic8, G#2 Phrygian
http://www.cfoulke.com
CFoulke
Steel is in my veins

Postby Miguel Carvalho » Thu Sep 29, 2016 5:10 am

So sad to know this... :(Gonna pay him my respects, once i leave this f@$&#ng nightshift! Glad i had the chance to meet him...playing football with his sons and more. A vibrant man that i was glad to know. We'll jam again bro! :)
Aciel Big Bear D/ G A [Bb] C D E F [G] A C
https://www.youtube.com/user/MrLuso74
Miguel Carvalho
Admin

Postby broussel2 » Thu Sep 29, 2016 7:13 am

Thanks for everything Michael <3
Meraki Caliban
Halo Equinox 9
Halo Avalon
Sunpan A3+E
https://sites.google.com/site/handpanscales/
broussel2
Can't stop talking about Handpan

Postby Badgerboy » Thu Sep 29, 2016 7:45 am

Sad news indeed, he was always such a positive light in this place - he fought hard and will always be remembered :)
HangOut in the UK Music festival http://www.hangoutuk.co.uk come share a weekend of music from around the world & Play it your Way!
Badgerboy
Crazy about HandPan

Postby lino » Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:48 am

Michael :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:

I let my love <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

rise into the air for you :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

can you hear it :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:

:hug: :dd: :dd: :dd: :friends:
22" Halo #779: Voyager 7
23" Halo #970: Golden Gate (the first one with spiral weave pattern)

creator of the linotune strobe tuner :ugeek:
& Pantheon Steel's non-resident computer wizard
lino
Elder

Postby CarolW » Thu Sep 29, 2016 9:47 am

I was afraid of that. I've been watching for him (to post). If he doesn't post in readable form here, he's surely posting in musical, vibrational form for us to tune into.

Dear Michael - you gave us lessons in carrying on the greatest aspects of what can be done on Earth. Indeed, you are an inspiration. One day I'll play a special tune for you on Pantamanya, and post it here - thank you, Lauri, for making this space in which we can share our love for Michael.

<3 :dd: :dance: :yahoo: :dd: <3 :*: :*: :*: :love: :love: :friends: :dd: <3 <3 <3
CarolW [AKA PollyAnna] - Great Green Gros(s)Beak
Vortex of the D-Lyrians
In my lap: SPb-Pantam Kurd 9 - Thanks Victor and Forum
CarolW
Can't stop talking about Handpan

Postby Mowgli » Thu Sep 29, 2016 12:07 pm

I never met Michael in person. Even though communication was only digital, his warmth touched me deeply. His beliefs, attitudes, choices, and consistency has been an inspiration to me countless times. I wish his family courage, strength, and open hearts. My gratitude goes to his family for their sacrifices and endless support. Just helping him stay in touch here once in a while meant a lot to me.

In keeping with what Michael might have said, I propose, in Michael's Honor, we be good to ourselfves and be better than that to others. If we do, Michael shall endure.

Mowgli
Mowgli
Steel is in my veins

Postby phoenix » Thu Sep 29, 2016 4:24 pm

wuola wrote:
Received a message yesterday that Michael has left us...

Michael will never leave us, he will forever live on in the hearts and minds of those that he has touched deeply through his courage and positivity in the face of extreme adversity, and his positive influence throughout all his embodied days in this community

Michael's body is now gone, but he was a friend and a teacher who's legacy will be with us eternally

My heart goes out to his wife and sons - I hope that they can read these messages of goodwill and find some small solace in the number of other lives that he touched in a beautiful way

See you on the other side ;)

<3
"True wisdom comes to each of us when we realize how little we understand about life, ourselves, and the world around us"
Socrates
phoenix
Steel is in my veins

Next

Return to Michael Ohl