Hasta la vista Carol Whitney

Hasta la vista Carol Whitney

Postby Vicmo » Thu Jul 16, 2020 7:59 pm

For those not in FB. Sadly wanted to say that Carol Whitney recently passed away. She was a beloved figure in this forum with a story to be remembered. She will be missed.
Vicmo
Lives to HandPan

Re: Hasta la vista Carol Whitney

Postby simsomsam » Thu Jul 16, 2020 10:14 pm

She will be missed indeed. The most welcoming and joyful member here, I'm glad to have known her through the forum <3
Grateful for life
simsomsam
Steel is in my veins

Postby Mikey P » Thu Jul 16, 2020 10:20 pm

Rest in Peace Carol ! You will be missed dearly !!!
Those were amazing days here at Handpan dot org when we all got together and pitched in to make Carol's dream come true !
Thanks So Much Colin for making that happen !!! You are awesome Sir !!!!
I can only imagine the pure emotions when you delivered "PantamAnya" in person to her..
So special !!!
I will always remember Carol and all of her wisdom within her posts......
And I will think of her in the Vermont mornings when I play my Kurd 9.
It's not an SPB..... but my wonderful Jan Borren Kurd 9 will sing out in beautiful tribute.
Godspeed Carol <3 <3 <3
So thankful for my Halo's, Aether, AsaChan and Jan's Pannen....
Mikey P
Steel is in my veins

Postby mudman » Fri Jul 17, 2020 12:45 am

Rest in peace our beloved pan grandmother. <3
Ayasa Raga Desya Todi 14 D/ (E) F# (G) A B C# D E F# A (B) (C#) (D)
Halo Raga Desya Todi (Eb) G Bb C D Eb F G Bb
Ayasa Amara 8 (C#) G# B C# D# E F# G# B
8 note and Opus 10 note electric Idiopans.

Check out my NEW album.

Play for yourself...
mudman
Steel is in my veins

Postby ~jb » Fri Jul 17, 2020 2:24 am

She was a PanMother to many of us. When I first joined the forum Carol and I had some nice conversations and she was so welcoming. Carol was such a sweet soul and will be dearly missed.
~jb
~jb
Lives to HandPan

Postby TouchesmySoul » Fri Jul 17, 2020 10:28 am

<3 Hi Everyone, haven't been here for some time. Came on today to add my feelings of loss to our wonderful community. I am SO VERY proud to have been part of this group and part of the wonderful experience of 'getting a handpan to CarolW'. It couldn't have happened without all of us coming together.
Carol was a wonderful lady, a dear friend, an Elder and a Grandmother Wise Woman to me. She made such beautiful music all her life... there are old ,archived vids of her playing flamenco guitar. Did you know that she has a PhD in Ethno music? Something like that...
Together, we made the last 8 years of her life SING again by placing a handpan in her hands.

Journey without pain now dear friend into the long goodnight. It has been a priviledge.x <3
Once a Keeper of an Aciel Dragonfly
TouchesmySoul
Crazy about HandPan

Postby digiframe » Fri Jul 17, 2020 11:47 am

<3
digiframe
Crazy about HandPan

Postby CFoulke » Fri Jul 17, 2020 7:03 pm

TouchesmySoul wrote:<3 Hi Everyone, haven't been here for some time. Came on today to add my feelings of loss to our wonderful community. I am SO VERY proud to have been part of this group and part of the wonderful experience of 'getting a handpan to CarolW'. It couldn't have happened without all of us coming together.
Carol was a wonderful lady, a dear friend, an Elder and a Grandmother Wise Woman to me. She made such beautiful music all her life... there are old ,archived vids of her playing flamenco guitar. Did you know that she has a PhD in Ethno music? Something like that...
Together, we made the last 8 years of her life SING again by placing a handpan in her hands.

Journey without pain now dear friend into the long goodnight. It has been a priviledge.x <3

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3
Play now, think later...
One Tall Poppy

http://www.cfoulke.com
CFoulke
Steel is in my veins

Postby TouchesmySoul » Sat Jul 18, 2020 9:55 am

CFoulke wrote:
TouchesmySoul wrote:<3 Hi Everyone, haven't been here for some time. Came on today to add my feelings of loss to our wonderful community. I am SO VERY proud to have been part of this group and part of the wonderful experience of 'getting a handpan to CarolW'. It couldn't have happened without all of us coming together.

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

Been waiting to 'see' you Big Guy.... trying to smile but really hard not to weep in sorrow.xxx Big love to you and your growing family.xxxxx
Once a Keeper of an Aciel Dragonfly
TouchesmySoul
Crazy about HandPan

Postby phoenix » Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:16 pm

TouchesmySoul wrote:Together, we made the last 8 years of her life SING again by placing a handpan in her hands.

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

That we did Sha'yo, that we did ! Michael's blessed seed fell on such fertile ground here <3

Somewhere out there in the vast beyond, another angel is now smiling down on us, playing sweet melodies, with a little spider on her shoulder

Farewell my friend, you will be missed by the multitudes of people whose lives you have touched with your tremendous generosity of spirit and endless lust for life. A wonderful example to us all that age is just a number. Thank you x

"True wisdom comes to each of us when we realize how little we understand about life, ourselves, and the world around us"
Socrates
phoenix
Steel is in my veins

Next

Return to The Unbroken Circle - In Memoriam