Who does also wait 18 months or longer for his Zenhandpan?

Warnings of suspect sales.

Re: Who does also wait 18 months or longer for his Zenhandpan?

Postby bq » Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:54 am

Tuscanwellies :

I have to say thanks for your opinion,it was incredibly positive for me.

You bought your zen in 2014 i think,a lot of things can happens in 4 years later.

I saw 20 handmakers before choosing manny..its zens really have soul but i can not accept my zen in two or three years. This is not that we agree and everyone has to be consequent with his word.

Char is a lovely person in her emails and she dont deserve bad wishes from anyone as i heard here.

If i were Manny guerrero:

1. If my worker is sick i would spend a few minutes answering emails at least every day(no matter how familiar my business is).i have childrens too and i get time under the stones if its necessary for doing i need to do in my business ( not to wait 30 days in every email).

2.I would have special care with my delayed deliveries for a year (not lack of communication for months as several buyers with 2 years of waiting)

3.If I can not cumply with the agreement in time and my buyer ask me for a refund six moths later i wouldnt answer him that its impossible.(as other buyer told here,honesty please).

4.i wouldnt accept more work with its respective money until the delay is finished (not to do the snow ball bigger and bigger)

5.And please no holidays when they had been before saying : we are doing many hours extra to complete the delayed”

6.If i really knows about this post i would pass by here to offer some argument to my clients.(User Junglist)

In my case If i really wanted hurting his work i would be in other facebook forums with more people from the comunity and not here.I arrived here desperate for lack of comunication of this company.
bq
HandPan Fan

Postby bq » Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:05 am

Copy this from a friend told me... dont worry friend im telling the sin not the sinner
and nothing that discovers you :

“A friend of mine has started an inquiry over the homepage from Zen - the answer was, that the producing time actually is 4 to 8 months. Thats all I tell you.

What do you think what are you doing?”

4 OR 8 MONTHS????
REALLY WORRING
bq
HandPan Fan

Postby Elis » Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:55 pm

Hi Juliet, hello everyone in the same boat

I’m the one, who opened this topic about waiting-time for a Zen.

Thank you all for sharing your experiences. I’m happy to read, that somebody in Europe has got his Zen. Juliet, I wish you lot of joyful and touching melodies and satisfaction for your heart and soul by playing your Zen.

Thanks also everybody for sharings and speeches.

First of all it is important to say that it never was my intention to lobby against Zen people. But after my order in 2016 the wait tooks longer and longer and because I did not understand why it stucks with the promised delivery, I felt uncomfortable and insecure and wanted to know more. I wanted to find out what's up with Zen and started this topic. After all, more than 2 years ago I paid a lot of money for an instrument, choosen by my heart and soul and that I still have not received. (I’m shure all you guys over there have choosen Zen by your heart and soul). Also today I still have no idea if I'll ever get an instrument or my money back. My heart hurts and goes bleeding that way!!

Juliet, let me answer your words as follows:

I’m with you when you write, that we don’t need immediately everything we would like to have, that we can make the same experiences and it’s up to us how we choose our reaction of what goes on.
I’m with you when you write, that a small family business makes a lot of work. Believe me, I know what I’m talking about in relation of many hours staying in presence by working with clients, answering all mails, phones and things like that who must be done. But that’s the way it is, if small business grows up to a bigger one. That fact applies also in the Handpanworld.

In February 18 I contacted Manny over facebook, asking for an answer - till today no reaction but I see him posting every day videos or pictures. So the big buis can’t be the reason for his silence. I asked also Char many times for the full story … no way to get it. For me it never will be ok to take money and only talk about the half truth, means about the producing time from 4-8 months or longer. And even after 2 years, to my question after the ".. or longer" I get no concrete answers. I think, this behavior is not very healthy. But ultimately it's their own thing how to deal with customers.

What I mean is, that everybody can make the decision to choose a honest, most transparent and professional communication in his own interest. My experience is, that a honest communication makes open hearts all over the world.

And here at this forum I’ve heard nobody say, that there IS a scam with Zen. But after opening this topic, I’ve read, that a lot of people have a problem with this kind of communication with Zens and the never ending waiting time and for that reason they have began to think about that it seems like a scam. I only speak for myself: hopefully a scam with Zen never comes true!

What I have learned here in this forum is, that Manny will not work with a binding time span for his customers. And that the wait can grow to a never ending story.

Only if I had a chance to hear the whole truth, would I have had a real chance to see what I'm getting into with Zen and if I really want it that way. And that’s the point who makes the big difference between a good or bad bellyfeeling.

Ok, enough words. I would like to take a higher road and spend my time better for joyful things I love more. One day I'll let you know how this story ends – Thanks again to all for your sharings. In the meantime I wish you lots of touching melodies with your Handpans, lots of love and juicy happiness.

Blessings, Elis
Elis

Postby shumik » Mon Jul 30, 2018 6:30 pm

Hi!

I am also one of those gullible suckers. I've been waiting for my handpan since October 2015. Paid $2000. It was later communicated to me that the work was started in July 2016. Still nothing. The rest of the story is pretty similar to the posts above with all the bizarre excuses that I received. I will update if I ever receive it in the future.
shumik

Postby bq » Tue Jul 31, 2018 6:37 am

Are you kidding me?? It is a joke??
October 2015??
You did not think to take legal actions??
Somebody knows if it is possible to take legal actions even if you are not living in USA??
Somebody thought in a collective demand??

It is time to think with other words.
bq
HandPan Fan

Postby shumik » Tue Jul 31, 2018 6:04 pm

bq wrote:Are you kidding me?? It is a joke??
October 2015??
You did not think to take legal actions??
Somebody knows if it is possible to take legal actions even if you are not living in USA??
Somebody thought in a collective demand??

It is time to think with other words.

Hi bq,

It's not a joke, I still have the receipt. I live outside of US too.
shumik

Postby bq » Tue Jul 31, 2018 6:11 pm

We are close to 2019.

What are you waiting for??

Have you talked with somebody about possible legal actions??

More of one is thinking to take a flight to Sacramento..
bq
HandPan Fan

Postby shumik » Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:33 pm

Quite honestly I don't know what to do. That's why I registered for this forum to learn what is happening to other people who ended up in this situation. Seems like some do indeed eventually get their handpan. That's why I remain hopeful still.
shumik

Postby JoolsB » Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:15 pm

Sadly I'm also in the same boat.

When I ordered my Zen handpan I was told the waiting time was 8 to 12 months.

It's now 2 years since I paid $2200.00 - and they're still unable to tell me when it's likely to be finished.

I run a bespoke joinery business, so I'm fully aware of the difficulties that can happen. There were occasions, particularly early on, where I took on too much work, got bogged down & deliveries got delayed (though only by a matter of weeks).
Even so, I didn't wait for my clients to get in touch with me. I phoned them, apologised & explained the situation. Out of respect, I was honest & upfront with them. In turn, they were understanding & respected me for doing it.

We need some of that from Zen right now.

Or is this as some of us are increasingly worrying about, turning into a scam?
JoolsB

Postby JoolsB » Wed Aug 01, 2018 11:16 pm

Just a thought, but shouldn't this thread now be moved to 'buyer beware', to help people make a more informed decision on buying a handpan?
JoolsB

PreviousNext

Return to Buyer Beware