new maker????

Warnings of suspect sales.

Re: new maker????

Postby Meister Eder » Sun Aug 04, 2013 2:32 pm

omrhythm wrote:Would there be so much negativity about this if it was not for sale? I sure don't support the sale of this, nor the sound.
But the creativity has at least an ounce of merit.

+1!

I have been also impressed concerning the skin on the underside - I thought of taking a stable frame for the skin & combine it with the upper shell of a Gubal or a Double-Ru :D

L&L Eder :friends:
Meister Eder
Crazy about HandPan

Postby broussel2 » Sun Aug 04, 2013 4:46 pm

omrhythm wrote:Would there be so much negativity about this if it was not for sale?
I sure don't support the sale of this, nor the sound. But the creativity has at least an ounce of merit.

No there wouldn't. But it's a matter of attitude. Considering selling these junk cans is laughable. And if he did not call these instruments "handpans" and allowed us some space to consider them for their own percussive/industrial sound, we might not be that harsh. But he's selling his trashed attemps at hammering shells glued together and call them handpans... and as handpans we must agree that's by far the worst failure we've ever seen. The devil lies in the details...

PS. There are notes on the side of the bottom shell and in my opinion the skin hides a hole caused by a massive crack around the ding while hammering what once was a top shell... In fact I think every hole or cut in these pans were originally cracks.
Meraki Caliban
Halo Equinox 9
Halo Avalon
Sunpan A3+E
https://sites.google.com/site/handpanscales/
broussel2
Can't stop talking about Handpan

Postby drumabob » Sun Aug 04, 2013 5:17 pm

atonal sonographik wrote:

i honestly think this whole cosmic blue thing is just a great joke about the serious handcans out there... or is he really trying to sell it?

I think he is serious
this is his sales pitch...funny and sad

Cosmic Blue Handpan Handcrafted in Chicago. Made out of 2 55 gallon steel drums by hand. The bottom is covered with African goat skin. Check out video on youtube to see this Handpan in action!

THIS IS NOT A HANG DRUM!!! IT IS A COSMIC BLUE HANDPAN!!! MADE BY HAND!! FIRST ONE EVER MADE!!! IT SOUNDS DIFFERENT THAN A HANG DRUM!!!! IT PLAYS AND TAKES YOU ON JOURNEYS! YOU CAN SEE THE VIDEO TO HEAR EXACTLY WHAT THIS DRUM SOUNDS LIKE! IT TOOK MONTHS TO FINISH AND IS THE RESULT OF MANY TRIALS AND TRIBULATIONS!!! WEEKS OF TESTING, TRYING DIFFERENT TECHNIQUES.

Go to youtube, search windstruck didgeridoo and its the Sub-Marine Handpan! Thanks! THIS ITEM IS SOLD AS IS! NO REFUNDS
no music without joy...no joy without music ( african saying)

http://robertbobdaignault.bandcamp.com/
www.sankofa.ca
drumabob
Steel is in my veins

Postby Meister Eder » Sun Aug 04, 2013 5:50 pm

broussel2 wrote:
omrhythm wrote:Would there be so much negativity about this if it was not for sale? (...)

No there wouldn't. But it's a matter of attitude. Considering selling these junk cans is laughable.
And if he did not call these instruments "handpans" and allowed us some space to consider them for their own percussive/industrial sound, we might not be that harsh.
But he's selling his trashed attemps at hammering shells glued together and call them handpans... and as handpans we must agree that's by far the worst failure we've ever seen.

+1 :+1:
Meister Eder
Crazy about HandPan

Postby josiah » Sun Aug 04, 2013 11:48 pm

omrhythm wrote:Would there be so much negativity about this if it was not for sale?

I sure don't support the sale of this, nor the sound. But the creativity has at least an ounce of merit.

Nope, I've weighed it on my daughters creativity scales, and the outcome is well, less than an ounce!! :sulk: :doh:

According to my 7yr old daughter, she has more creativity in her little finger when junk modelling, than this creator of 'Frankenpans' has in his entire body!!!! :giggle:
josiah
Steel is in my veins

Postby Purple Paul » Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:31 am

drumabob wrote:
atonal sonographik wrote:

i honestly think this whole cosmic blue thing is just a great joke about the serious handcans out there... or is he really trying to sell it?

I think he is serious
this is his sales pitch...funny and sad

Cosmic Blue Handpan Handcrafted in Chicago. Made out of 2 55 gallon steel drums by hand. The bottom is covered with African goat skin. Check out video on youtube to see this Handpan in action!

THIS IS NOT A HANG DRUM!!! IT IS A COSMIC BLUE HANDPAN!!! MADE BY HAND!! FIRST ONE EVER MADE!!! IT SOUNDS DIFFERENT THAN A HANG DRUM!!!! IT PLAYS AND TAKES YOU ON JOURNEYS! YOU CAN SEE THE VIDEO TO HEAR EXACTLY WHAT THIS DRUM SOUNDS LIKE! IT TOOK MONTHS TO FINISH AND IS THE RESULT OF MANY TRIALS AND TRIBULATIONS!!! WEEKS OF TESTING, TRYING DIFFERENT TECHNIQUES.

Go to youtube, search windstruck didgeridoo and its the Sub-Marine Handpan! Thanks! THIS ITEM IS SOLD AS IS! NO REFUNDS

not sure why but i think i feel sorry for this guy im thinking maybe has mental health issues ?
Purple Paul
Steel is in my veins

Postby greenoak » Mon Aug 05, 2013 3:48 pm

please keep it civil. You can say the product is bad without making fun of people. It is these kind of comments that turn people off from on-line forums.

-greenoak :geek:
----
As you feed on men and things, so they feed upon you. Be wholesome food to others if you would not be poisoned.

Mikhail Naimy The Book of Mirdad
greenoak
Admin

Postby drumabob » Mon Aug 05, 2013 5:39 pm

greenoak wrote:please keep it civil. You can say the product is bad without making fun of people. It is these kind of comments that turn people off from on-line forums.

You are right..and as far as the product it self ...i consider i have said enough. My apologies and thank you for the well placed reminder
no music without joy...no joy without music ( african saying)

http://robertbobdaignault.bandcamp.com/
www.sankofa.ca
drumabob
Steel is in my veins

Postby Miguel Carvalho » Mon Aug 05, 2013 5:47 pm

The previous post by Meister Eder was deleted by his request with an apology ...
Aciel Big Bear D/ G A [Bb] C D E F [G] A C
https://www.youtube.com/user/MrLuso74
Miguel Carvalho
Admin

Postby josiah » Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:56 pm

greenoak wrote:please keep it civil. You can say the product is bad without making fun of people. It is these kind of comments that turn people off from on-line forums.

Sorry :blush: Wasn't a nice thing to do..... :sulk:......should know better :blush: .....got carried away..... :(

Thanks for keeping us reigned in :)
josiah
Steel is in my veins

Previous

Return to Buyer Beware