Second chance sales

Warnings of suspect sales.

Re: Second chance sales

Postby Udahti » Wed Jul 24, 2013 12:20 am

Innersound hasn't gotten back to us on what they want to do. They haven't apologized for what has happened. Go figure. :x :bang:
Udahti
HandPan Fan

Postby c_logan » Wed Jul 24, 2013 12:51 am

michael wrote:Look here:
http://www.scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=68860&start=30

there are several other people being robbed!

And go to a lawyer or/and the police with this IP 81.182.110.210

Sorry to hear this! :cry:

http://scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=73755

That is the same email and bank account info that tried to get me on a second chance sale. you would think someone could track this person down through the email address. Sorry to hear you are getting no where i hope that changes.
AsaChan Chandhra

Patience

Love the life you live. Live the life you love.
c_logan
Crazy about HandPan

Postby broussel2 » Wed Jul 24, 2013 7:26 am

You are correct on that. It looks like this: m***a To keep eBay a safe place for buyers and sellers, member-specific information is not displayed in the bid history. So it looks to me that somehow the perpetrator got into the account and got the information to do this heinous act. :cry: :( :x :fist: It remains to be seen if something will be done with this.

So it seems that eBay was unable to keep your data safe and caused that problem. You have to attack them about this problem. It's their responsibility.
Meraki Caliban
Halo Equinox 9
Halo Avalon
Sunpan A3+E
https://sites.google.com/site/handpanscales/
broussel2
Can't stop talking about Handpan

Postby Udahti » Thu Jul 25, 2013 6:14 pm

Turn of events. Innersound is willing to talk to Ebay as well as I. This is a start compared to what has happened. So, hopefully all sides can work this out.

Anybody have any idea who to contact in Ebay about this?
Udahti
HandPan Fan

Postby Astrantia » Thu Aug 01, 2013 12:07 pm

Update:
It seems that unfortunately Ebay is refusing to take responsibility, at least Ebay Germany. But udahti is also having difficulties on the American side. If anybody has got any suggestions on how to go about the matter with ebay.com, please help. I really feel sorry for udahti. :(

Manuela and Manfred from Innersound have made a fair offer- They are willing to give him an Innersound of his choosing for cost price but I´m not sure that he has the ammount necessary, now that he has lost all his savings.

What do you think about organizing a donation campaign for him? We have done it before already! :) <3
------------------------------------------------------
Use what talents you possess: the woods would be very silent if no birds sang there except those that sang best.
(Henry Van Dyke)
Astrantia
Steel is in my veins

Location: Germany just on the French and close to the Swiss border

Postby Purple Paul » Thu Aug 01, 2013 4:48 pm

I will make a small contribution if others are willing to help ?
Purple Paul
Steel is in my veins

Postby broussel2 » Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:53 pm

What do you think about organizing a donation campaign for him? We have done it before already! :) <3

Nice idea... But I think the previous donation campaigns happened in more "special" circumstances. My sympathy goes to Udahti but maybe he hasn't been careful enough to avoid the scam... I still feel it is first eBay's responsibility to have let the data unprotected.
Meraki Caliban
Halo Equinox 9
Halo Avalon
Sunpan A3+E
https://sites.google.com/site/handpanscales/
broussel2
Can't stop talking about Handpan

Postby Astrantia » Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:13 pm

broussel2 wrote:

Nice idea... But I think the previous donation campaigns happened in more "special" circumstances. My sympathy goes to Udahti but maybe he hasn't been careful enough to avoid the scam... I still feel it is first eBay's responsibility to have let the data unprotected.

Yes I know that it is Ebay first- and that´s what Pat is doing at the moment, as far as I know. He´s trying to get them to take responsibility.
I just thought about that option in case that he should be unsuccessful. I just feel for him and he does not have anything left now that all his money´s gone. To be panless after having saved up for your hearts desire is bitter.
One might argue that he was not careful enough but not everybody knows about all the tricks of fraudsters - and unfortunately they have loads of new ideas... :x
In his case he trusted ebay to keep his personal data safe and did not suspect anything.

When I give charity to a person in need I do not ask whether they caused their own suffering themselves through carelessness or bad judgement. I only see that they need help. Who knows- I might make a stupid mistake myself one day, I´m far from perfect.

I do not even know how to go about organizing a donation campaign- but I´d be willing to put in something for him and if there are some more people who feel the same way we might manage to help him to be happy again and not panless anymore. :) <3
Use what talents you possess: the woods would be very silent if no birds sang there except those that sang best.
(Henry Van Dyke)
Astrantia
Steel is in my veins

Postby Astrantia » Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:17 pm

chunkyb wrote:I will make a small contribution if others are willing to help ?

Thank you, that is really kind of you! :+1:
Let's wait a bit to see the outcome with ebay first though.
(Henry Van Dyke)
Astrantia
Steel is in my veins

Postby Purple Paul » Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:39 pm

I think brussel2 can be a bit mean in times of need im sure he is a nice guy but not today ! :lol: :lol: :lol: if i can help in any way please let me know and it would bring me great joy to help
Purple Paul
Steel is in my veins

PreviousNext

Return to Buyer Beware