Second chance sales

Warnings of suspect sales.

Re: Second chance sales

Postby broussel2 » Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:45 pm

Oh, it's not matter a being mean (or is it ?). I just noted that we had some donation campaigns here but that they happened in very special cases, like this guy who turned back a Hang he had bought on the streets and found being stolen, or in the honour of our very special senior and most active member Carol -- a true spirit for this community. Scam happens and, for example, an important rule to remain protected in the eBay system is to use Paypal. I feel for Udahti and I don't mind a donation campaign if anybody wants to start it but there are many, many people here who are in a situation or panless or moneyless or whatever.

I think things should be fully examined legally first. There is a data leak on the side of eBay. If they don't want to get involved, then the next move is to warn eBay that you will address the press and the social networks with an "Are eBay data safe ?" question. Go public. Send an email to various consumers/computing/geeky magazines describing the problem and asking what they can do for you.
Last edited by broussel2 on Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:56 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Meraki Caliban
Halo Equinox 9
Halo Avalon
Sunpan A3+E
https://sites.google.com/site/handpanscales/
broussel2
Can't stop talking about Handpan

Postby Purple Paul » Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:52 pm

brussel2 you have my upmost respect <3
Purple Paul
Steel is in my veins

Postby Astrantia » Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:33 pm

broussel2 wrote:I think things should be fully examined legally first. There is a data leak on the side of eBay. If they don't want to get involved, then the next move is to warn eBay that you will address the press and the social networks with an "Are eBay data safe ?" question. Go public. Send an email to various consumers/computing/geeky magazines describing the problem and asking what they can do for you.

That is really good advice, thank you! I guess that publicity is the only thing they really fear.
------------------------------------------------------
Use what talents you possess: the woods would be very silent if no birds sang there except those that sang best.
(Henry Van Dyke)
Astrantia
Steel is in my veins

Location: Germany just on the French and close to the Swiss border

Postby Bikerbusk » Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:27 pm

I hope the best but ...... I feel for you in tha same burn ..... and best in future... in next ....its just the shits to get got ...
Bikerbusk
Steel is in my veins

Postby Udahti » Mon Aug 05, 2013 1:33 am

Just got this in my email:

Not sure if this is a spoof or if its legit. I did reply back.

Dear Valued eBay Member,

We have received your contact regarding the concerns with your eBay experience. As a result, we are sending this email to inform you that your message is extremely important to us. We are always interested in hearing how we’re doing directly from our customers, and we certainly want (and need) customers like you. We, therefore, want to extend an invitation to you to talk about the concerns you’ve raised. We would love to hear more about your thoughts on the changes we’ve made, and I would like the opportunity to explain to you why we’ve made some of those changes and or policies. If you’re interested and willing to discuss this over the phone with us, please respond with a time and a phone number you can be reached at. We are in the office from 9 am to 5 pm MST. Please provide 72 hours of notice for when you would like to set up this appointment.

Here are the steps to contact our dedicated customer support if you are in need of *immediate* assistance:

1. Go to www.eBay.com and click "Customer Support" located at the top of the page.

2. Click the “Contact “eBay” tab, and sign into your eBay account if you are not already signed in.

3. Once the page loads, select a topic to your left that best describes your issue.

4. On the right side of the page you will see the various contact methods that are available.

5. Click on the option you would prefer.

This will ensure your inquiry will be received by the correct department and allow for speedier resolution to your concern.

Thank you again for contacting eBay’s Executive Office. We look forward to hearing back from you.

Regards,

eBay’s Office of the President
Udahti
HandPan Fan

Postby Udahti » Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:52 am

Got a call from ebay this evening. They have repeatedly said to file a report with the local police and still dodged the security issues. They will help with the investigation and expedite the resolution once the police have done their investigation. Its unfortunate that I am still on the hook for 2100 bucks and it sounds like I am not going to see that anytime soon.
Udahti
HandPan Fan

Previous

Return to Buyer Beware