Question about STG Escutura

Warnings of suspect sales.

Re: Question about STG Escutura

Postby Mowgli » Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:28 am

"if you're looking to play in the rain or in water, a nitrided instrument would definitely be the way to go."

:dd: Just playin' in the rain, playin' in the rain :dd:

Don't you?

What I want to know is how does he know I take a bath with my Hang every night?
Mowgli
Steel is in my veins

Postby MusicianwithaCamera » Tue Jun 25, 2013 4:17 am

broussel2 wrote:
To put the ding back in tune, all you have to do is apply pressure with your thumb from inside of the drum on the center point.

Wouldn't we call that a major issue ? Though I'm glad to know handpans can be fine tuned with a pressure of a thumb... What are these made of, aluminum foil ?

No they're not made of aluminum foil. I said it required a significant amount of pressure and that you would need really strong thumbs, I had to use a piece of wood to be able to get mine back in tune. But it sounds great now and it does not go out of tune from playing it. I will upload a video with good audio soon so you can hear for yourself.
MusicianwithaCamera

Postby JeremyD » Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:40 am

So this is the second pan also had ding issues too. Well, this will be the second pan that I know of now made by his maker who has had the ding go out of tune. Please let us hear a video.
2017 handpan comparison video
https://youtu.be/AuznuFfQG1I
JeremyD
Steel is in my veins

Postby broussel2 » Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:59 am

I had to use a piece of wood to be able to get mine back in tune.

So the maker would not retune it ?
Meraki Caliban
Halo Equinox 9
Halo Avalon
Sunpan A3+E
https://sites.google.com/site/handpanscales/
broussel2
Can't stop talking about Handpan

Postby JeremyD » Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:12 am

You contact the maker and he sends you the piece of wood broussel2. :lol:

DIY tuning.
2017 handpan comparison video
https://youtu.be/AuznuFfQG1I
JeremyD
Steel is in my veins

Postby broussel2 » Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:35 am

Well...
Attachments
ApocalypseNowFT2.jpg
ApocalypseNowFT2.jpg (57.9 KiB) Viewed 5195 times
Meraki Caliban
Halo Equinox 9
Halo Avalon
Sunpan A3+E
broussel2

Postby MusicianwithaCamera » Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:24 am

Mowgli wrote:Use Extreme Caution!!!!

Buy only if you have a high threshold for risk. One, maybe two members have posted favorable reviews of these instruments. Many more members, myself included, have not purchased because of concerns of low quality, assurance of actual delivery, and marketing/sales practices.

I will admit that if I didn't have a quality handpan I would be very tempted to try them. Having said that, I can't say that I have any other original thoughts on the matter.

Hi Mowgli

I'm one of the members who posted a positive review on these pans. I'll admit, I had to take a leap of faith when purchasing because I had some of the same concerns as you and other members, but I'm glad I did because I would still be pan-less otherwise. I think it has a really great sound to it.. and I love playing it. People always seem captivated by it and comment on its nice sound. I'll post some good audio of it soon!
MusicianwithaCamera

Postby psanchez » Sat Jul 13, 2013 1:09 am

Update from STG Sculpture.

If you are interested in getting this wonderful and high quality sculpture you have the option of discovering yourself the work they do instead of deciding whether or not believing in the same members attempting to make controversy towards this brand.

STG offers video assistance via Skype, so if you were selected to buy and STG from their waiting list you have the chance to video meet with them via Skype. This way you can ask all your question regarding service, availability, logistic and everything like that before making a purchase. In addition you will be able to see with sound the actual STG you are going to receive, their job shop, all the accessories and how they work, know the makers personally and all their work in general.

I did it and I convinced myself, and now I have a beautiful STG living in my home. Hope this information was useful for you.
psanchez
HandPan Fan

Postby Mowgli » Sat Jul 13, 2013 1:13 am

psanchez wrote:Update from STG Sculpture.

If you are interested in getting this wonderful and high quality sculpture you have the option of discovering yourself the work they do instead of deciding whether or not believing in the same members attempting to make controversy towards this brand.

STG offers video assistance via Skype, so if you were selected to buy and STG from their waiting list you have the chance to video meet with them via Skype. This way you can ask all your question regarding service, availability, logistic and everything like that before making a purchase. In addition you will be able to see with sound the actual STG you are going to receive, their job shop, all the accessories and how they work, know the makers personally and all their work in general.

I did it and I convinced myself, and now I have a beautiful STG living in my home. Hope this information was useful for you.

Thanks. Look forward to seeing your video(s)!
Mowgli
Steel is in my veins

Postby broussel2 » Sat Jul 13, 2013 9:15 am

Wasn't it a Sagittarius psanchez had the last time ? He does not seem to really make a difference... :hmm:
Meraki Caliban
Halo Equinox 9
Halo Avalon
Sunpan A3+E
broussel2

PreviousNext

Return to Buyer Beware