Question about STG Escutura

Warnings of suspect sales.

Re: Question about STG Escutura

Postby CarolW » Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:08 pm

Broussel and Mudman; you two are hilarious! I think you should apply to do stand-up comedy at HangoutUK 2014 - or how about at HandPangea? <3 <3 :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Some other thoughts I have - owners of the STG Escultura (the word in the title of this thread appears misspelled) - should all invest in Linotune. Or at least, buy a copy. :twisted:

Sat, 22 Jun 2013 14:08:09 (PDT)
CarolW [AKA PollyAnna] - Great Green Gros(s)Beak
Vortex of the D-Lyrians
In my lap: SPb-Pantam Kurd 9 - Thanks Victor and Forum
User avatar
CarolW
Can't stop talking about Handpan
 
Posts: 4783
Joined: Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:30 am
Location: Canada, Pacific Northwest

Re: Question about STG Escutura

Postby mudman » Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:14 pm

broussel2 wrote:Come on, Mudman... Just think of all the possibilities : your handpan will sound different every day (after a little playing...) ! :doh:

Good point, I hadn't thought of it like that. I have come to appreciate the tuning flexibility of my Idiopans... If I felt like I would be interested in trying a different sound model, I could just get out my thumbs and voilà - a whole new playing experience! :giggle:
Halo Raga Desya Todi (Eb) G Bb C D Eb F G Bb
Ayasa Amara 8 (C#) G# B C# D# E F# G# B
8 note and Opus 10 note electric Idiopans.

Waiting for my ultimate pan, being built now by Ayasa!

Check out my NEW album.

Play for yourself...
User avatar
mudman
Can't stop talking about Handpan
 
Posts: 1960
Joined: Fri May 06, 2011 2:34 am
Location: Iowa

Re: Question about STG Escutura

Postby mudman » Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:16 pm

CarolW wrote:Some other thoughts I have - owners of the STG Escultura (the word in the title of this thread appears misspelled) - should all invest in Linotune. Or at least, buy a copy. :twisted:

Good idea Carol! And perhaps with a little practice they could develop skills that would lead to them becoming tuners and then builders. :D
Halo Raga Desya Todi (Eb) G Bb C D Eb F G Bb
Ayasa Amara 8 (C#) G# B C# D# E F# G# B
8 note and Opus 10 note electric Idiopans.

Waiting for my ultimate pan, being built now by Ayasa!

Check out my NEW album.

Play for yourself...
User avatar
mudman
Can't stop talking about Handpan
 
Posts: 1960
Joined: Fri May 06, 2011 2:34 am
Location: Iowa

Re: Question about STG Escutura

Postby CarolW » Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:20 pm

mudman wrote:
CarolW wrote:Some other thoughts I have - owners of the STG Escultura (the word in the title of this thread appears misspelled) - should all invest in Linotune. Or at least, buy a copy. :twisted:

Good idea Carol! And perhaps with a little practice they could develop skills that would lead to them becoming tuners and then builders. :D


Aha; good thoughts, mudman! Do you think that group of straw-humans could develop enough stick-to-it-iveness actually to become tuners - and then later, builders? I suppose that remains to be seen. Maybe doing that would breathe life into some of the straw.

(On SERIOUS flights of fancy here; getting into the very depths of nonsense, as I so often do.)

:dd: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dd:

Sat, 22 Jun 2013 14:20:27 (PDT)
CarolW [AKA PollyAnna] - Great Green Gros(s)Beak
Vortex of the D-Lyrians
In my lap: SPb-Pantam Kurd 9 - Thanks Victor and Forum
User avatar
CarolW
Can't stop talking about Handpan
 
Posts: 4783
Joined: Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:30 am
Location: Canada, Pacific Northwest

Re: Question about STG Escutura

Postby Harshak » Sun Jun 23, 2013 1:01 am

Not even mr Waples can make it sound good :(
User avatar
Harshak
Crazy about HandPan
 
Posts: 372
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2011 11:28 pm
Location: Sweden

Re: Question about STG Escutura

Postby phoenix » Sun Jun 23, 2013 1:22 am

Speaking of thumbs ... my verdict

Image
"True wisdom comes to each of us when we realize how little we understand about life, ourselves, and the world around us"
Socrates
User avatar
phoenix
Steel is in my veins
 
Posts: 1201
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2012 6:58 am
Location: Devon, UK

Re: Question about STG Escutura

Postby TyGuy » Sun Jun 23, 2013 6:29 pm

CarolW wrote:Broussel and Mudman; you two are hilarious! I think you should apply to do stand-up comedy at HangoutUK 2014 - or how about at HandPangea? <3 <3 :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Some other thoughts I have - owners of the STG Escultura (the word in the title of this thread appears misspelled) - should all invest in Linotune. Or at least, buy a copy. :twisted:

Sat, 22 Jun 2013 14:08:09 (PDT)


If memory serves me correctly, they masked the Linotune interface in a video to make it look perfectly in tune... :x :twisted:
User avatar
TyGuy
Elder
 
Posts: 2749
Joined: Mon Nov 30, 2009 5:16 am
Location: New Jersey, USA

Re: Question about STG Escutura

Postby broussel2 » Sun Jun 23, 2013 6:44 pm

If memory serves me correctly, they masked the Linotune interface in a video to make it look perfectly in tune... :x :twisted:


I think they used this part of Linotunes that indicates the closest note instead of the real tuning...
Meraki Caliban
Halo Equinox 9
Halo Avalon
Sunpan A3+E
https://sites.google.com/site/handpanscales/
User avatar
broussel2
Can't stop talking about Handpan
 
Posts: 3662
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:56 am
Location: Brussels, Belgium

Re: Question about STG Escutura

Postby CarolW » Sun Jun 23, 2013 7:12 pm

Whatever happens, they seem to find a way to dodge around anything that might be a minor inconvenience.

Sun, 23 Jun 2013 11:11:57 (PDT)
CarolW [AKA PollyAnna] - Great Green Gros(s)Beak
Vortex of the D-Lyrians
In my lap: SPb-Pantam Kurd 9 - Thanks Victor and Forum
User avatar
CarolW
Can't stop talking about Handpan
 
Posts: 4783
Joined: Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:30 am
Location: Canada, Pacific Northwest

Re: Question about STG Escutura

Postby Spike » Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:53 pm

STG? Sexually Transmitted Gonorrhea

Great name!!!!! :+1:
Spike
 

PreviousNext

Return to Buyer Beware

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests