Question about STG Escutura

Warnings of suspect sales.

Re: Question about STG Escutura

Postby dorjezangpo » Sun Jun 09, 2013 4:55 pm

Thanks everyone for their input so far...I wasn't goin to bite because I have already made my mind up as to which builder's Pantam I would settle for but as I am learning everything available about this magnificent instrument and the scene I appreciate your responses. Thank you all again.
dorjezangpo
HandPan Fan

Postby Miguel Carvalho » Sun Jun 09, 2013 6:37 pm

Miguel Carvalho wrote:Maybe from a brasilian company... Theres one that has a FB page

They changed the name... :doh:
https://www.facebook.com/reluzhandpan.internationalsales

4830 BRL = 1.725,62 EUR; 2.280,33 USD :fist:
Aciel Big Bear D/ G A [Bb] C D E F [G] A C
https://www.youtube.com/user/MrLuso74
Miguel Carvalho
Admin

Postby JudithL » Thu Jun 20, 2013 2:26 am

I just got the email from STG HangDrum–inspired instrument. as well. I was suspicious and came here to see if anyone had posted anything about it. It is certainly my gut instinct that it is yet another re-branding effort. There are tons of pictures on their new site, one of the first looks like Danielle Wapples even..for the first time I find it necessary to use these (not) smilies :o :bang: . I'd like to be off their list.
Harmony and Rhythm - Delighting in Exquisite Exchange
JudithL
Lives to HandPan

Postby broussel2 » Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:08 am

There are tons of pictures on their new site, one of the first looks like Danielle Wapples even

I imagine it's him. Putting your instrument on someone's lap saying "hey, can you give it a try" and taking a picture is not difficult...
Radix G Romanian Hijaz
Halo Equinox 9
Halo Avalon
Meraki Caliban
Sunpan A3+E
https://sites.google.com/site/handpanscales/
broussel2
Can't stop talking about Handpan

Postby Jay_Raz » Fri Jun 21, 2013 5:18 pm

These jackasses won't take me off their mailing list no matter how many times I tell them to. If you get an email from them and don't wish to receive anymore, mark it as spam. Once enough people mark them as spam, their email will automatically get blocked on the server side.
Jay_Raz
Steel is in my veins

Postby CarolW » Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:06 pm

Jay_Raz wrote:These jackasses won't take me off their mailing list no matter how many times I tell them to. If you get an email from them and don't wish to receive anymore, mark it as spam. Once enough people mark them as spam, their email will automatically get blocked on the server side.

Wow; that's the height of irresponsibility. You could also try reporting the spammer to the email host; some email hosts are very responsible about dealing with complaints of abuse.

Fri, 21 Jun 2013 13:05:39 (PDT)
CarolW [AKA PollyAnna] - Great Green Gros(s)Beak
Vortex of the D-Lyrians
In my lap: SPb-Pantam Kurd 9 - Thanks Victor and Forum
CarolW

Postby MusicianwithaCamera » Sat Jun 22, 2013 7:03 pm

JeremyD wrote:Not nitrided, coated, and fall out of tune very fast. A guy I know out here in Austin bought one and he was playing it normally and knocked the ding out of tune. I feel bad for him because most handpan tuners wont touch it.

Hi Jeremy, I recently visited Austin.. it's a great place I would love to go back some time. I also own a Sagittarius, or now SGT, I'm not sure why all the rebranding for what is in my view a quality instrument. To put the ding back in tune, all you have to do is apply pressure with your thumb from inside of the drum on the center point. It's quite a bit of pressure needed (strong thumbs are needed or your thumbs are going to hurt and you will probably have to make a few attempts pushing on the inner nipple.. lol) It can be put out of tune if it's set upside down on hard surfaces.. or if you push down on it, or if you are playing the ding too hard, these instruments prefer a light touch. As far as it not being nitrided, regularly oiling and polishing it will maintain it's finish and keep it nice for playing and in appearance. It's minor maintenance but worthwhile, if you're looking to play in the rain or in water, a nitrided instrument would definitely be the way to go. Hope this helps.
MusicianwithaCamera

Postby broussel2 » Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:26 pm

To put the ding back in tune, all you have to do is apply pressure with your thumb from inside of the drum on the center point.

Wouldn't we call that a major issue ? Though I'm glad to know handpans can be fine tuned with a pressure of a thumb... What are these made of, aluminum foil ?
Radix G Romanian Hijaz
Halo Equinox 9
Halo Avalon
Meraki Caliban
Sunpan A3+E
broussel2

Postby mudman » Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:47 pm

broussel2 wrote:Though I'm glad to know handpans can be fine tuned with a pressure of a thumb...

Ummm, I am much more glad that the tuning of my handpans can't be adjusted with the pressure of a thumb! :?
Ayasa Raga Desya Todi 14 D/ (E) F# (G) A B C# D E F# A (B) (C#) (D)
Halo Raga Desya Todi (Eb) G Bb C D Eb F G Bb
Ayasa Amara 8 (C#) G# B C# D# E F# G# B
8 note and Opus 10 note electric Idiopans.

Check out my NEW album.

Play for yourself...
mudman
Steel is in my veins

Postby broussel2 » Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:58 pm

Ummm, I am much more glad that the tuning of my handpans can't be adjusted with the pressure of a thumb! :?

Come on, Mudman... Just think of all the possibilities : your handpan will sound different every day (after a little playing...) ! :doh:
Radix G Romanian Hijaz
Halo Equinox 9
Halo Avalon
Meraki Caliban
Sunpan A3+E
broussel2

PreviousNext

Return to Buyer Beware