Question about STG Escutura

Warnings of suspect sales.

Re: Question about STG Escutura

Postby psanchez » Mon Jul 15, 2013 3:40 pm

Come on people! I know jeremy is lying because the pan does not look like mine, the triple dome ding is more like and integral hang :lol: . I don´t think that person went to the stg website and ordered it, because if he had he would have received a different pan, but it´s alright that some members here wants to keep making controversy, the only thing left to do by this member is telling that all prototypes of the world and made by stg and that all the pans made out of halos shells are made by pantheon steel, now i realize how far people can go in this forum to fulfill the obsession! greennoak an other came to the prediction that all the people tuning similar shells are the same but that is absolutely wrong!, we here clearly had an explanation that similar shells were tuned in the past by others, what do you want? a letter signed by a lawyer?, if i buy a shell form pantheon steel and the i made an instrument and say it was made by them ,do you think this is correct? all of you are wrong, you cant related one brand to another.. this situation here is so much annoying as the people here writes whatever they want! and say anything they want! my pan looks and sounds very different and now i am working in my video then you can see. For sure the pan in that video needs help but if whoever is if the maker does not respond you cant blame other for that with no justifications so i still recommend the owner to look for help, anyway i can notice 1 note out of tune. I know this pans are not nitrated but when i email stg i have a response quicly. why dont you try to email them and i find out yourself if they are going to reply you? if you are not afraid of. If you think there are issues about the tuning I dont think other person will play as hard as loris in this video because i prefer to play gently... you can put this thread in the be aware or the section the admins prefer, anyway, this is a debate like politicians, and knowing that anyone here can say whatever they want, there is not absolute truth of anything then each person who gets interested in any brand of hand pan should talk personally to makers and make his own criterion.

loris video https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=p ... isb5ut-Om0
psanchez
HandPan Fan

Postby psanchez » Mon Jul 15, 2013 3:51 pm

i think Mr Carvalho speaks Chinese because in the description it clearly says Executado POR Nenem Menezes, anfitrião Nesta Primeira Visita! :lol:
psanchez
HandPan Fan

Postby Mowgli » Mon Jul 15, 2013 4:23 pm

Dear psanchez,

I applaud your passion for singing steel. I appreciate the video(s) you have posted of your own playing and your own recording. This is what I rely upon.

In the long development and discussion of these two makers we have many different opinions. I try to respect each persons opinion and perception. I do not always succeed. Sometimes I make a fool of myself. Worse, sometimes I have been rude and a bully. Sometimes, I have been supportive and helpful. For better or worse, I am responsible for my own words and actions.

I try to remember I am not responsible for promoting or demoting any maker. While I am free to express my opinion and experience, I am not paid by anyone from the worlds of musical instruments and musicians. It is not for me to become a spokes person. To become a Public Relations Officer or Sales Representative.

I think some things you say and argue are "valid" personal opinion and experience. Other things are not.

It would help me to better understand your identity and assign credibility or suspician to your posts if you would write only personal opinion and experience.

Passion for an instrument maker does not equal Public Relations Officer status.

We have also the status of Experienced Player on this playing field. Omrhythm is one such participant. He is much more than that, but I would like to keep this simple. His credentials are exhaustive and impeccable.

So far, your credentials are unproven and being established by every post you make. The same with me!

I respectfully ask you to consider building your reputation and credentials on this forum with the same care and attention you might use when interacting with a loved one's family. Maybe we are not married to each other, but we are going to be spending a lot of time together so let us be careful and considerate and plan how to have a life long relationship vs win an arguement.
Mowgli
Steel is in my veins

Postby Bikerbusk » Mon Jul 15, 2013 4:56 pm

Hi all was on the river this weekend with kayak.....I had to just poke in.....JeremyD Lie...... oh my that's the last thing that wiuld ever come into my head ........

What it comes down to is this .... those that work...or even barrow funds to pay for a pan ...... the on going thing going threw each of those minds is ....IS THIS PAN WORTH THE EFFORTS & THE FUNDS and IS MAKER CONSISTENT In a positive direction. ..? and trustworthy.....

THATS IT ........When the words come out of ones mouth that is not a friend saying TRUST ME .... That is the last thing one should do..... I will never say those words ....... and most people will not ....it just throws up so many flags when people say in words or short of words TRUST ME ...

Mowgli.....something is wrong ....Most of us already got the july spoke's person check..to date .... You have not ....that's kind of odd.....
Bikerbusk
Steel is in my veins

Postby psanchez » Mon Jul 15, 2013 5:09 pm

I just wish that the same discussion stops, then I can concentrate in making my own videos, enjoying it, and making more reviews on this instrument as the time goes on...thank you everyone for being here in touch.
psanchez
HandPan Fan

Postby Miguel Carvalho » Tue Jul 16, 2013 1:27 am

psanchez wrote:i think Mr Carvalho speaks Chinese because in the description it clearly says Executado POR Nenem Menezes, anfitrião Nesta Primeira Visita! :lol:

我認為卡瓦略先生說中國 :giggle:

psanchez wrote: if you read the description those are the first touches of that person on a hand pan instrument.. and also that model is listed as a earlier model..

What do the first touches of a person have to do with quality of sound?
Earlier model? from when?
Aciel Big Bear D/ G A [Bb] C D E F [G] A C
https://www.youtube.com/user/MrLuso74
Miguel Carvalho
Admin

Postby greenoak » Tue Jul 16, 2013 5:03 am

This topic is now locked. psanchez is on a short-term ban based on very offensive language. Those posts have been deleted.
----
As you feed on men and things, so they feed upon you. Be wholesome food to others if you would not be poisoned.

Mikhail Naimy The Book of Mirdad
greenoak
Admin

Previous

Return to Buyer Beware