Halo Drum on eBay

Warnings of suspect sales.

Re: Halo Drum on eBay

Postby CarolW » Fri Jun 07, 2013 2:37 pm

broussel2 wrote:
You and me both Bro... you and me both :wave:

-greenoak :ugeek:

That would be nice... But I can't afford it now, I just paid for my Halo this morning... ;)

Very happy for you, Benoit - and, Greenoak, always for you, too! I LOVE to see people get handpans they love! (and that love them :lol: ) <3

Fri, 7 Jun 2013 06:37:22 (PDT)
CarolW [AKA PollyAnna] - Great Green Gros(s)Beak
Vortex of the D-Lyrians
In my lap: SPb-Pantam Kurd 9 - Thanks Victor and Forum
CarolW
Can't stop talking about Handpan

Postby broussel2 » Sat Jun 08, 2013 11:13 pm

(Halo Pygmy B) Sold at $5,100.
Meraki Caliban
Halo Equinox 9
Halo Avalon
Sunpan A3+E
https://sites.google.com/site/handpanscales/
broussel2

Postby Purple Paul » Sat Jun 08, 2013 11:37 pm

Very sad to see that but we live in a world where cash is king
Just hope someday i win the Halo lottery and pay the correct price for one as i will never pay a flipper for one!!!
Purple Paul
Steel is in my veins

Postby broussel2 » Sun Jun 09, 2013 12:17 am

It's expensive but this is selling for profit, not flipping (which means buying to sell back immediately for profit).
Meraki Caliban
Halo Equinox 9
Halo Avalon
Sunpan A3+E
broussel2

Postby c_logan » Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:08 am

SCAM!!! :bang: :fist:

I placed a bid on this Halo after talking with the seller and I felt somewhat comfortable placing a bid all based on that he would accept paypal. Upon first contact, he said yes, paypal would be fine. But, after losing the auction to a higher bidder, I got an email this morning, saying I was the lucky "second chance" winner. Needless to say, I was super excited and ran to tell my wife the news. However, upon further conversation via email, the seller rescinded the paypal agreement and demanded to only be paid through a bank transfer. The email he sent me with the information certainly looked legit, but after looking at it and talking with my wife, we got the feeling that it could be a scam. I took it straight to ebay, called them and asked them about this "barclay" bank account located in the UK. The woman I spoke to clearly said ebay has never had a bank account for these things, and that if the seller would not accept paypal, it was for sure a scam. I wrote the guy back, hoping that he was being scammed somehow and that he was an honest guy, only for him to insist upon this bogus bank account. I insisted on following ebay protocol with paypal, and after not hearing from him for hours, sent a final email telling him the deal was dead and that I would report his scam.

This man, "engineer," is nothing but another fraud, trying to take advantage of the hard working makers, tuners, and players out there. Beware. Do not even give this sack of turtle shit a second of your time.

P.S. The wife and I recently got a beautiful new turtle, Victor... Pictures to come!

I placed a bid on this Halo after talking with the seller and I felt somewhat comfortable placing a bid all based on that he would accept paypal. Upon first contact, he said yes, paypal would be fine. But, after losing the auction to a higher bidder, I got an email this morning, saying I was the lucky "second chance" winner. Needless to say, I was super excited and ran to tell my wife the news. However, upon further conversation via email, the seller rescinded the paypal agreement and demanded to only be paid through a bank transfer. The email he sent me with the information certainly looked legit, but after looking at it and talking with my wife, we got the feeling that it could be a scam. I took it straight to ebay, called them and asked them about this "barclay" bank account located in the UK. The woman I spoke to clearly said ebay has never had a bank account for these things, and that if the seller would not accept paypal, it was for sure a scam. I wrote the guy back, hoping that he was being scammed somehow and that he was an honest guy, only for him to insist upon this bogus bank account. I insisted on following ebay protocol with paypal, and after not hearing from him for hours, sent a final email telling him the deal was dead and that I would report his scam.

This man, "engineer," is nothing but another fraud, trying to take advantage of the hard working makers, tuners, and players out there. Beware. Do not even give this sack of turtle shit a second of your time.

P.S. The wife and I recently got a beautiful new turtle, Victor... Pictures to come!
AsaChan Chandhra

Patience

Love the life you live. Live the life you love.
c_logan
Crazy about HandPan

Postby CarolW » Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:47 am

Sorry about the fraud - but thrilled for you about the Pantam SPB - I gather that's what you mean?

Sun, 9 Jun 2013 21:47:33 (PDT)
CarolW [AKA PollyAnna] - Great Green Gros(s)Beak
Vortex of the D-Lyrians
In my lap: SPb-Pantam Kurd 9 - Thanks Victor and Forum
CarolW

Postby broussel2 » Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:12 am

Thanks for your post, c_logan, very wise of you !
Meraki Caliban
Halo Equinox 9
Halo Avalon
Sunpan A3+E
broussel2

Postby lino » Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:16 am

Well, Barklay's is a well-known UK bank - why would the bank account be bogus? Paypal has substantial fees for cross-currency transactions... did you offer to pay the seller by Paypal in Euros, including all fees? Only then would I find his refusal to use Paypal suspicious.

Halo scale and serial number are hard to find if you don't know where to look. Once told though, it should be no problem.
22" Halo #779: Voyager 7
23" Halo #970: Golden Gate (the first one with spiral weave pattern)

creator of the linotune strobe tuner :ugeek:
& Pantheon Steel's non-resident computer wizard
lino
Elder

Postby c_logan » Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:26 pm

The problem was that he refused to use PayPal. He stated the bank account was an ebay escrow account. eBay does not work like this they do not have a bank account for this use. The email said it was covered by ebay protection when that is not the case at all and had all the protection guarantee banners The only way ebay will cover a purchase and protect the buyer and or seller is through PayPal. He continued to tell me the only way we would be safe and protected would be through this bank account, which ebay will not cover. There was no cross currency. The Halo was listed in Michigan. I live in Utah. Even if they are a well know bank is somewhat moot. He can use a legit bank to steal money.

Carol, I wish it was a pantam named victor made by victor but. It really is a turtle. My wife owns and runs a tutoring center and one of her graduating seniors gave her a red eared slider as a gift, my wife has a serious obsession with turtles and all the kids know so we ended up with a turtle. His name is victor though.
AsaChan Chandhra

Patience

Love the life you live. Live the life you love.
c_logan
Crazy about HandPan

Postby dorjezangpo » Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:51 pm

Your turtle is a "Victor", HA that is priceless !
I've spent too much time here as I thought "turtle was yet again a new name for the wonderful Pantam. :lol:

Still how could you not look at the little guy without thinking Spb each and every time...awesome visual.
dorjezangpo
HandPan Fan

PreviousNext

Return to Buyer Beware