Guidelines of the Buyer Beware section

Warnings of suspect sales.

Re: Guidelines of the Buyer Beware section

Postby Dire Wolf » Sun May 05, 2013 2:56 pm

Before buying from the manufacturer I did consider buying from ebay. And on consideration I'm glad I didn't. I think a section like this highlights the dangers of online scams. Although its something that we're all already aware of, I think the risk is much higher with the handpan as they are A.) very desirable and B.) a bit costly (for me anyway ;) )

I think this could be very useful to new and existing members alike, good job guys. Its just a shame it makes extra work for the admins. I don't wish to add to that work load but might it be an idea (a rather obvious one I admit), once you have a confirmed scam involving one particular manufacturer to designate an admin to contact that manufacturer?. Maybe you'll get a complimentary pan! :giggle:
'Listen to the wind blow, watch the sun rise,
Runnin' in the shadows, Damn your love, Damn your lies'
Dire Wolf
Crazy about HandPan

Postby broussel2 » Sun May 05, 2013 3:07 pm

I don't wish to add to that work load but might it be an idea (a rather obvious one I admit), once you have a confirmed scam involving one particular manufacturer to designate an admin to contact that manufacturer?. Maybe you'll get a complimentary pan! :giggle:

The manufacturers are ususally not concerned as the fraud isn't about counterfeiting their instruments, but simply about not being in possession of the instrument on sale. And given the number of scams, I think the makers would spend all of their time making complimentary instruments... ;)
Meraki Caliban
Halo Cirrus Equinox 9
Sunpan A3+E
https://sites.google.com/site/handpanscales/
broussel2
Can't stop talking about Handpan

Postby don marco » Sun May 05, 2013 3:15 pm

Brilliant! Love you all for the time and energy you put into keeping the sale of these instruments bound by integrity!!

:toast: :clap:
don marco
Steel is in my veins

Postby Dire Wolf » Sun May 05, 2013 3:20 pm

broussel2 wrote:
I don't wish to add to that work load but might it be an idea (a rather obvious one I admit), once you have a confirmed scam involving one particular manufacturer to designate an admin to contact that manufacturer?. Maybe you'll get a complimentary pan! :giggle:

The manufacturers are ususally not concerned as the fraud isn't about counterfeiting their instruments, but simply about not being in possession of the instrument on sale. And given the number of scams, I think the makers would spend all of their time making complimentary instruments... ;)

Good Point :cheers:
'Listen to the wind blow, watch the sun rise,
Runnin' in the shadows, Damn your love, Damn your lies'
Dire Wolf
Crazy about HandPan

Postby Jeef » Fri Feb 21, 2014 3:41 am

One suggestion I have is to ask the seller if you can pick up the Pan and pay for it when you pick it up.
Trvel can be very exciting and fulfilling.
A good example is the SPB's. If you want one you usually need to go and get it.
If you are traveling within the USA, adding a few hundred for travel isn't that much compaired to the expense of the Pan.
Just a passing thought.
Jeef
Jeef
HandPan Lover

Previous

Return to Buyer Beware