eBay SCAM?!? (Halo in the La Sirena 10 (high B)

Warnings of suspect sales.

Re: eBay SCAM?!? (Halo in the La Sirena 10 (high B)

Postby toddnmd » Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:03 pm

chunkyb wrote:um easy mistake to make as it dissapeared after i reported it to ebay!!

I have generally seen a message like, "This item is no longer available" or "This listing has ended" when items get reported and taken down, rather than a sold sign with a price.
toddnmd
Crazy about HandPan

Postby Purple Paul » Wed May 01, 2013 4:11 pm

I am not the enemy here I very nearly parted with $1700 to a scam which would have ment i would have been panless i wouldnt have been able to afford another one.I would have given up on the idea of ever owning a pan.
I was so lucky i met a genuine forum member and bought one of his. So if i can stop just one person from the distress of loosing that kind of money to a scam thats a good job done no?.
Purple Paul
Steel is in my veins

Postby broussel2 » Wed May 01, 2013 4:16 pm

If it says "Sold" it may happen that someone bought it full price before eBay took a look at your report.
When I follow the link it says "Ended", not like if it was removed.
Meraki Caliban
Halo Equinox 9
Halo Avalon
Sunpan A3+E
https://sites.google.com/site/handpanscales/
broussel2
Can't stop talking about Handpan

Postby Purple Paul » Wed May 01, 2013 4:27 pm

Thats very possible i just hope all end well for the buyer as i had no response from the seller when i offered to come and have a look and pay cash on collection.
Purple Paul
Steel is in my veins

Postby toddnmd » Thu May 02, 2013 1:08 pm

No, no enemies here at all. Just trying to be clear for everyone about understanding what things look like on ebay when auctions end in different ways. I've noticed sometimes it takes a while for listings to be ended when they clearly are ebay violations (like payment by bank transfer). I know someone at ebay must review them and make the decision to end the listing. I'm guessing that the number of people that report an item may impact how quickly they deal with it. Ending a listing early because of a violation usually looks different than a sale.
toddnmd
Crazy about HandPan

Postby grooveboy_jazz » Thu May 02, 2013 1:17 pm

toddnmd wrote:No, no enemies here at all. Just trying to be clear for everyone about understanding what things look like on ebay when auctions end in different ways. I've noticed sometimes it takes a while for listings to be ended when they clearly are ebay violations (like payment by bank transfer). I know someone at ebay must review them and make the decision to end the listing. I'm guessing that the number of people that report an item may impact how quickly they deal with it. Ending a listing early because of a violation usually looks different than a sale.

From my experience they are pretty slow... A month or two ago someone advertised on eBay an Hijazkiar Bells. The problem is it was using photos of MY Bells!
I reported it, and the auction still went until the end - someone will have lost some money

I guess they would act if more people reported it. Maybe the new scam section will allow more of us to report scam auctions.

J
Bells #465 - Protus Whimfire
Bells #41 - Gen 1 Hijazkiar
Saraz - Arcadian
Halo - Avebury
Lots of other instruments - too many to list really! (mainly woodwinds and keyboards)
grooveboy_jazz
Crazy about HandPan

Postby Purple Paul » Thu May 02, 2013 9:22 pm

I am a passive non agressive and found you inital comment a bit insulting. I would be quite upset to hear someone lost money to a scam i may have got it wrong thats true but i can hold my head high as my heart is in the right place and i will continue to follow my heart and prevent theft i almost got sucked in. The over whelming power of the pan can lead you to forget common sense when you are panless and i feel its all of our responsibility to look out for forum members and non members alike and prevent the handpan being a way of ripping inocent people off.
Purple Paul
Steel is in my veins

Previous

Return to Buyer Beware