2nd hand Innersound on eBay

Warnings of suspect sales.

Re: 2nd hand Innersound on eBay

Postby aussiedingo » Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:10 am

Looks like its in Italy actually sorry.. : / weird looking hand pan though..
'Pan Chameleon'-Making Metal to Magic - Music Soothes the Soul!
aussiedingo
HandPan Lover

Postby Soufis » Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:52 pm

aussiedingo wrote:well its easy to find out as I will be in Berlin soon and could check it out! :) Hopefully before it sells.. then we see.. :)

I was with Manfred and Michaela 4 days ago,for 2 whole days...this handpan(E / A, H(B), C, D, E, F, G, A) was siting on my laps for more than an hour,and was my second favorite one :+1: ..really shines when you here it in reality,and not from Youtube videos...but in the end, i chose a D minor scale...
This auction is not a scam...
Saraz G Major 11 ( G/ B, C, D, E , F#, G, A, B, C, D )
Soufis
Lives to HandPan

Postby DUGDUG » Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:59 pm

Soufis wrote:
aussiedingo wrote:well its easy to find out as I will be in Berlin soon and could check it out! :) Hopefully before it sells.. then we see.. :)

I was with Manfred and Michaela 4 days ago,for 2 whole days...this handpan(E / A, H(B), C, D, E, F, G, A) was siting on my laps for more than an hour,and was my second favorite one :+1: ..really shines when you here it in reality,and not from Youtube videos...but in the end, i chose a D minor scale...
This auction is not a scam...

People are getting confused. There were two different listings. One was blatantly a scam, the other is not.
DUGDUG
Lives to HandPan

Postby Soufis » Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:33 am

You are right DUGDUG :+1: ....Just to be clear...I can only be sure about the handpan by Mslara56 on Ebay, (E / A, H(B), C, D, E, F, G, A) that broussel2 mentioned ..and this one is totally new!!!
Saraz G Major 11 ( G/ B, C, D, E , F#, G, A, B, C, D )
Soufis
Lives to HandPan

Postby Twistedidge » Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:59 am

Hi Guys,

I am new to this Forum and I am looking to buy my first handpan. (Very excited) ! :) I have narrowed my search to either Innersound or ECS ( Ithink ECS since I believe they are the manufacturer right?)

Soufis was the innersound handpan you said that you have tried coated with any lacquer or not please?

The reason I am asking this is because I know there are two versions of the Innersound / ECS handpans: lacquered or Not Lacquered. And I am not sure if I should purchase a lacquered one or not. I have read here that some coated ones have had some rust problems underneath the lacquer and this ofcourse could not be treated, whilst the ones which are not lacquer coated can be treated with Froglube or something similar at the first or before any signs of rush of rust.

Also I have been told that any paint on the handpan my decrease the sustain of the instrument ?

any guidance on this would be gretly appreciated please :)

Thank you
Twistedidge
HandPan Fan

Postby mudman » Fri Jul 05, 2013 8:07 pm

Twistedidge wrote:Hi Guys,

I am new to this Forum and I am looking to buy my first handpan. (Very excited) ! :) I have narrowed my search to either Innersound or ECS ( Ithink ECS since I believe they are the manufacturer right?)

Soufis was the innersound handpan you said that you have tried coated with any lacquer or not please?

The reason I am asking this is because I know there are two versions of the Innersound / ECS handpans: lacquered or Not Lacquered. And I am not sure if I should purchase a lacquered one or not. I have read here that some coated ones have had some rust problems underneath the lacquer and this ofcourse could not be treated, whilst the ones which are not lacquer coated can be treated with Froglube or something similar at the first or before any signs of rush of rust.

Also I have been told that any paint on the handpan my decrease the sustain of the instrument ?

any guidance on this would be gretly appreciated please :)

Thank you

I met someone at handpangea that had one with lacquer. The lacquer was chipping and he was keeping it sealed with nail polish. If one area developed a problem, what is stopping other areas from developing problems? He wished to remove the lacquer and just use froglube, but the makers offered to do this using sandblasting, and the owner did not want such an aggressive treatment. Plus, he would have had to pay shipping to have this work done.

My recommendation is to get one without lacquer and instead use froglube to protect the steel.
Halo Raga Desya Todi (Eb) G Bb C D Eb F G Bb
Ayasa Amara 8 (C#) G# B C# D# E F# G# B
8 note and Opus 10 note electric Idiopans.

Waiting for my ultimate pan, being built now by Ayasa!

Check out my NEW album.

Play for yourself...
mudman
Steel is in my veins

Postby Twistedidge » Mon Jul 08, 2013 10:31 am

Thanks for your answer. Would it be possible to remove the lacquer with paint remover, then apply any rust treatment to any rust and protect it with froglube? would the paint remover damage the instrument? (I dont think so)
Twistedidge
HandPan Fan

Postby mudman » Mon Jul 08, 2013 12:34 pm

Twistedidge wrote:Thanks for your answer. Would it be possible to remove the lacquer with paint remover, then apply any rust treatment to any rust and protect it with froglube? would the paint remover damage the instrument? (I dont think so)

I would guess you are correct, but I don't know of this being tried.
Halo Raga Desya Todi (Eb) G Bb C D Eb F G Bb
Ayasa Amara 8 (C#) G# B C# D# E F# G# B
8 note and Opus 10 note electric Idiopans.

Waiting for my ultimate pan, being built now by Ayasa!

Check out my NEW album.

Play for yourself...
mudman
Steel is in my veins

Postby Twistedidge » Mon Jul 08, 2013 1:20 pm

I would think it would not do any harm as paint remover is widely utils ed on various type of metals even vehicles and sometimes even left on the surface for long stretches not to leave the metal bare, before cleaning off the paint remover and applying any treatment etc...

i dont know if it would be effective on hardener type paints which are more difficult to remove. If someone can provide some input here? :?:
Twistedidge
HandPan Fan

Previous

Return to Buyer Beware