WARNING: Fernando Alvarez / compraventahandpan.org

Warnings of suspect sales.

WARNING: Fernando Alvarez / compraventahandpan.org

Postby aaron_in_sf » Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:34 pm

Please do not do business with Fernando Alvarez or compraventahandpan.org.

His parasitic business model is to flip instruments for unearned profit -- which he insists on doing so against the expressly stated wishes of instrument makers such as Pantheon Steel (and others we are aware of).

He states on his web page that he is attempting to acquire instruments through unscrupulous means for immediate resale.

We informed him that our instruments are for direct sale only, not for resale; he has repeatedly stated his intention to disregard our wishes and acquire instruments using agents buying under false pretenses, to resell himself.

Consequently, we are stating unequivocal opposition to any Halo either being sold to, or purchased from, him, his partners, or his agents.

Our advice and request, in service of both ourselves and our community, is this: NEVER buy a Halo from, or sell a Halo to, this seller, his shills, or his company.

I will do my best to ensure that we NEVER repair, tune, or treat ANY instrument that passes through his hands, Halo or otherwise; and that any customer party to this in any way will at minimum be banned for life from any sale or service.

A warning to make sure is universally known: this business model undermines and perverts the intentions and desires of every instrument maker I can think of, to the detriment of all makers and all players.
::: three cheers for singing steel :::
aaron_in_sf
Steel is in my veins

Re: WARNING: Fernando Alvarez / compraventahandpan.org

Postby CarolW » Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:04 am

Could Aaron's post just above be made a sticky, please?
Oh; let's see; I could report it and ask for that! :D

I'll do that.

I think it's a matter of protecting forum members - and readers, even if they are not members.

Wed, 27 Mar 2013 16:02:48 (PDT)
CarolW [AKA PollyAnna] - Great Green Gros(s)Beak
Vortex of the D-Lyrians
In my lap: SPb-Pantam Kurd 9 - Thanks Victor and Forum
CarolW
Can't stop talking about Handpan

Postby CarolW » Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:06 am

CarolW wrote:Could Aaron's post just above be made a sticky, please?
Oh; let's see; I could report it and ask for that! :D

I'll do that.

I think it's a matter of protecting forum members - and readers, even if they are not members.

Wed, 27 Mar 2013 16:02:48 (PDT)

I see reporting isn't to be used that way, so I won't report it, but just count on a moderator (or the group of moderators) agreeing that Aaron's post should be a sticky here, and meking it so.

Wed, 27 Mar 2013 16:06:18 (PDT)
CarolW [AKA PollyAnna] - Great Green Gros(s)Beak
Vortex of the D-Lyrians
In my lap: SPb-Pantam Kurd 9 - Thanks Victor and Forum
CarolW

Postby Bikerbusk » Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:11 am

I'm telling ya..... people just look at those short term gains.....it ain't worth it ...a stance is needed to be took...its a shame ..... why would any piss off builder.....

People this is the stuff that potentially in some aspects affect you , me , us, as player & each of the quality manufactures it touches all and effects all...
Bikerbusk

Postby Spike » Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:32 am

I "Zen Tambour" Also stand behind this 100% and will not sell any Zen to this guy or any person doing business with him.

To add to this:
Google "Circles" seems to have this:

Fernando Alvarez
TamDrum
Hernan Gomez
Pablo Sanchez

https://plus.google.com/u/0/116983052709630958543?prsrc=4

We are watching! and we are NOT happy! :x
Spike

Postby omrhythm » Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:37 am

Thanks Aaron,

Might I suggest Aaron (started the thread) or an admin put *s in the name of his website so that we do not further give him any hits whatsoever? And for that matter, anyone who writes the full URL, PLEASE use a few *s or something. There's so reason to help promote this guy in search engines in any way. And that's one way that he gets "out there", by us talking about him and using that url in full.

So, are we at the point where we need more proof that Sagittarius and this douche are essentially the same? Or at least, coming from the same vein of intent?
omrhythm
Steel is in my veins

Postby phoenix » Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:45 am

Well, we have a new member psanchez claiming that S*git*arius pans are better than Hang on a separate thread right now ...
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=8440&start=30

How many more dots do we need before we decide the picture is clear ...

Good point on the URL Rusty
"True wisdom comes to each of us when we realize how little we understand about life, ourselves, and the world around us"
Socrates
phoenix
Steel is in my veins

Postby Carbon » Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:58 am

Is there a reputable maker list that someone maintains? As someone new to the community, many of the names are so similar it is hard to tell the difference. This list could be kept be a few senior members here who have hand pans from various makers. Some kind of faq/sticky where we could direct people to that are wondering how to order and whether a hand pan is good or not. The members that maintain it could be done by committee with the top 3/4 changing on a per batch basis by vote while at the same time providing a space for upcoming makers to be listed amongst their inspirations. The upcoming makers could be listed as "unproven" or even classify themselves.

I appreciate that members here try to have an open mind, but some kind of "trusted" list would be exceptionally helpful. The scarcity and mystique of the hand pan seems to draw profiteers and predatory "business" people. If a trust site like this exists, it would be great if we could display it prominently. The BEST assault on these businesses is to educate potential consumers and to make community recommendations known. While at times it may seem as though it is weighted in favor of the upper tier, plenty of people will give a trusted, less expensive, maker a go in the face of years of waiting.

I applaud PS for taking a no nonsense - blunt - approach.
Carbon
Steel is in my veins

Postby AoxoA » Thu Mar 28, 2013 6:20 am

Wow. Sad how greed dirties everything up. I just read the other linked topics and more links from there. Things are worse than the TZ type arrogance of old. :(
AoxoA
Crazy about HandPan

Postby Heavenly3lues » Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:25 am

I like the idea of not giving this guy any hits, publicity, etc. from the use of his name in the forum. However, putting *'s in the names of him, his instruments, and subsidiaries will prevent someone from finding truthful information about his business practices. Think about it... we would essentially be eliminating this forum from coming up a search for Sagittarius handpans or any of his other sites. Then... if someone were searching his name to find out about the quality of these instruments or seller, they would only have his site to gather information from...
Studio albums available!
www.jeremyarndt.com

Download my live sets - Name your price!
www.heavenly3lues.bandcamp.com

Heavenly3lues

Next

Return to Buyer Beware