Hard Rock Hippie Drums

Warnings of suspect sales.

Re: Hard Rock Hippie Drums

Postby BKcustom » Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:11 am

I have researched Hand pan drums for many years. I don't think I need to do so anymore. I spent many a sleepless night downloading patents, pdfs, and whatever else I could find on the hang, hand pan, sound sculpture, whatever the politically correct name for this amazing instrument is to date. All that matters is the music and the healing powers that these "vessels" have to offer. Thanks for the publicity, good or bad, the main goal is to get the best quality instruments to as many people as possible. Peace, love, and rock and roll my people.
BKcustom

Postby Miguel Carvalho » Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:13 am

Spike wrote:Another fine example of this:
I am an exclusive dealer of Milltone drums
:?

http://www.didgeridoo-passion.com/en/milltone-drum/vmchk.html :giggle:
Aciel Big Bear D/ G A [Bb] C D E F [G] A C
https://www.youtube.com/user/MrLuso74
Miguel Carvalho
Admin

Postby michael » Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:30 am

BKcustom wrote:I have researched Hand pan drums for many years. I don't think I need to do so anymore. I spent many a sleepless night downloading patents, pdfs, and whatever else I could find on the hang, hand pan, sound sculpture, whatever the politically correct name for this amazing instrument is to date. All that matters is the music and the healing powers that these "vessels" have to offer. Thanks for the publicity, good or bad, the main goal is to get the best quality instruments to as many people as possible. Peace, love, and rock and roll my people.

YES, I think many people are here for the healing power!
for the music and for a community to share experiences and good vibrations.
For the development of the instruments and the music and the healing power.

You know the big 4, you know that there are much more people interested as instruments!
You wrote about the "main goal":
YES everyone has to get an instrument but not an overprized prototype!!!!
That is not hippie that is not hard rock that is only bad business!!!!!
:dd: :love: Hallo!
ich bin Michael

!onlx a gap to love
michael
Steel is in my veins

Postby BKcustom » Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:22 am

Before you judge...just remember that "Spike" was the one who hunted down my video and then cursed another respectable makers creation.Thank you for having a place like the forum so we can all learn and thank people for their art.We are the Hard Rock Hippies.
BKcustom

Postby Spike » Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:26 am

Before you judge...just remember that "Spike" was the one who hunted down my video and then cursed another respectable makers creation.Thank you for having a place like the forum so we can all learn and thank people for their art.We are the Hard Rock Hippies.

Are you sure about that?

Ambassador Colin was the person who found your site, not me..
It was your wonderful husband who was bashing my Zen tambour in his e-mail to me, not the other way around. Go check your facts Dr. shrink.
Let me save you some time looking it up as I know you maybe do not have the time because you are too busy looking up my mental condition in one of your books.

Name: Hippie Drums
E-Mail: bryansmithXXX@yahoo.com (email changed as per site rules)
IP Address: 165.166.157.216
Message: You obviously dont know who I am so let me wake you up a little.Im a decorated wrestler..professional musician who has played drums for 30 years.I usually wouldnt waste my time on immature folks.I refuse to stoop to your level by bashing you in front of a bunch of people.Instead Ill be a real man and talk directly to you.Everyone who saw your post immediately saw fear,jealosy,and somehow threatened.For you to bash an american handmade handpan that sounds great..and here you are making an instument that immitates the sound of one.It looks like you traced a bunch of wooden ice cream spoons on a propane tank and painted it.Being that you and I are in the same business I thought you were a smart mature person.I am an exclusive dealer of Milltone drums and they absolutely smoke a zen on sound and its magnetically tuned.Maybe I should send you one so you will know what a real tounge drum should sound like.So you can continue to spit at people on the forum..it makes you lo
ok really pitifull..To get respect you should give some.I searched playable art and nothing showed up..I will remove it so you wont cry anymore.And as for the price of the drum it is neg. and you are really overpriced seeing as you could have a milltone for half the price you ask..Better sound and cheaper.Learn respect.quit spitting on people for their art or prepare to be spit upon.

Unless your talking about this statement that I did make:
I don't care where it's made! At this stage, It still sounds like crap and you should not be selling it.

And still stand behind that statement on that Handpan, and seems so does the Manny (the guy who built it). That is why he sold it as a "prototype" (something that you seem to forget to mention on your page)

I have researched Hand pan drums

Not so much so that you know how to respect the name, even after being told directly by the Ambassador himself.. :giggle: Way to go Doctor! :+1:

And sense you are in such a loving mood with your fake
Peace, love, and rock and roll my people.

Maybe you can answer the rest of the questions the members have asked?
Last edited by Spike on Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Spike

Postby CarolW » Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:30 am

I'm confused, so I'm reviewing this thread.

The first post contains a video of a handpan being played - and the pan sounds painful to my ears. Seems to me it's a pan that's not ready for sale, at all. Needs a LOT of work.

The last post I've read - today, by BKCustom, seems to me not to address any issues; I'll come back to that later.

greenoak wrote:
And Happy Hippie Drum Dude - if you are reading... cut your prices in half and keep at it.

-greenoak :ugeek:

I'll go a LOT further than that, and say, it's not nearly ready for sale at all. After something like 11 pages in this thread, I'm losing track; no surprise, as there's a lot of associated un-related material (and I posted some too). I don't know WHO made the pan played in the video in the first post. Was that your pan, Manny? Did you give permission for it to be played (demonstrated here) and sold - for $1600.00?

And, Manny, you are Junglist, right?

And if you made the pan "demonstrated" (but the demonstration itself wasn't a good illustration either), did you give permission for that?

Anyway, I don't suppose any of that matters a lot. The only thing that matters is, that on this forum, we expect and hope for reasonably well-informed expression of opinion (and reasonably-played demonstration, too), and we expect and hope for new builders to come along and take the time (and effort) to learn to build handpans of passable quality - of really decent quality before being offered for sale.The thread entitled "Survey" would probably be useful to a new builder.

The hippie part seems to me a distraction from talking about, playing, and listening to handpans.

I remain confused!

Greenoak; that was a very fine post, and very useful, if you ask me.

Of course, all this is very much my personal opinion. Maybe others here have other opinions.

Wed, 12 Dec 2012 19:29:21 (PST)
CarolW [AKA PollyAnna] - Great Green Gros(s)Beak
Vortex of the D-Lyrians
In my lap: SPb-Pantam Kurd 9 - Thanks Victor and Forum
CarolW
Can't stop talking about Handpan

Postby CarolW » Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:39 am

BKcustom wrote:Before you judge...just remember that "Spike" was the one who hunted down my video and then cursed another respectable makers creation.Thank you for having a place like the forum so we can all learn and thank people for their art.We are the Hard Rock Hippies.

Okay; that's fine. You can be the Hard Rock Hippies; no problem.

I'm talking about the handpan "demonstrated" in the first video in this thread. The playing done on it really isn't a good demonstration of what the handpan is all about, and it seems Ambassador Colin left a comment asking for a better demonstration, and I would ask the same.

Regardless, it was possible to hear that the pan needs a LOT of work before it will meet the most basic standards of this forum for sale-ability. Which makes it seem odd to me that it was presented for sale.

By the way I don't think ANYBODY hunted down that first video; you put it up; Colin found it and posted it. Colin finds a lot of stuff.

Wed, 12 Dec 2012 19:39:14 (PST)
CarolW [AKA PollyAnna] - Great Green Gros(s)Beak
Vortex of the D-Lyrians
In my lap: SPb-Pantam Kurd 9 - Thanks Victor and Forum
CarolW
Can't stop talking about Handpan

Postby omrhythm » Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:44 am

Yeah, I agree with Carol. All that meme shit really gets in the way of what is important here. No offense to anyone who participated, but perhaps that whole section can be cut out and moved to Random Cafe so that we can continue to discuss this maker, seller, and the instruments at stake?

For the record, BKcustom, healing occurs on an energetic level with sound when the sound is in balance and harmony. When the sound is raucous, full of tanky and upper partial harmonics, and makes most people cringe, that is the exact opposite of energetic healing. Perhaps you get off on banging on the frying pan. If it is "healing" to you, then thats great. But if you bang long enough, you can damage your ears, and affect your energy system in a negative way.

Do more research please...
omrhythm
Steel is in my veins

Postby greenoak » Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:25 am

It took me a couple of hours but I successfully divided this conversation. If you are wondering where the off-topic meme conversation went, please refere to this topic viewtopic.php?p=68257#p68257

If you want to continue in this specific conversation, then please Keep in mind the spirit and vague rules of this forum (i.e. no name calling or conflict of interests)

In that light please continue...

-greenoak :geek:
----
As you feed on men and things, so they feed upon you. Be wholesome food to others if you would not be poisoned.

Mikhail Naimy The Book of Mirdad
greenoak
Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Buyer Beware