Page 3 of 13

Re: Hard Rock Hippie Drums

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:01 am
by Spike
At the request of my new friend...
This guy sounds more like TZ with every post... If he was not in South Carolina I would swear it was him..


Name: Hippie Drums
E-Mail: bryansmithXXX@yahoo.com
IP Address: 165.166.157.216
Message: Thanks for posting my email and thanks for the advertisement.For future reference...the musicians and artist on the forum would rather not see your private e-mails.You would be respected if you show a little class.Make sure and post this one on the forum.TO THE HAND PAN FORUM!I have a very nice made in the U.S.A handpan in F# for under 1000$.This drum sounds amazing with lots of harmonies and octaves unlike the "Zentank"..Thanks princess..And remember to start respecting the artist on the forum.



Please post a video of this "amazing sounding" handpan for us all to hear... I am sure Werner's dog is listing with unbridled enthusiasm.. :shock:


So there ya have it... get yours today!!!!!!

Re: Hard Rock Hippie Drums

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:16 am
by CFoulke
This drum sounds amazing with lots of harmonies and octaves
:?

Re: Hard Rock Hippie Drums

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:25 am
by phoenix
I have a very nice made in the U.S.A handpan in F# for under 1000$.This drum sounds amazing with lots of harmonies and octaves


Awesome ! I love harmonies and octaves !
Please contact me at signmeup#tonedeaf.com

Just to check ... will it be a ok delivering the pan from F# to GB ?

Re: Hard Rock Hippie Drums

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:16 am
by don marco
Spike, I appreciate your raw unfiltered perspective and opinion just as much as I do anyone's efforts and energy in producing an instrument of any kind.

In the paraphrased words of one of the finest hand pan builders out there,

"You can talk all you want, but the steel doesn't lie. It's a mirror of your ability at every stage, reflecting every emotion under the sun and more importantly how you deal with them. When it's all said and done, either you can get it in tune or not, either you can achieve the timbre you want or not. Whether you succeed or not, the only one that is responsible for the outcome is you. If your not ready to look at yourself, your not ready for the job!"

After all of the words are said and done, the steel speaks for itself.

Re: Hard Rock Hippie Drums

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:34 am
by mudman
don marco wrote:In the paraphrased words of one of the finest hand pan builders out there,

"You can talk all you want, but the steel doesn't lie. It's a mirror of your ability at every stage, reflecting every emotion under the sun and more importantly how you deal with them. When it's all said and done, either you can get it in tune or not, either you can achieve the timbre you want or not. Whether you succeed or not, the only one that is responsible for the outcome is you. If your not ready to look at yourself, your not ready for the job!"

After all of the words are said and done, the steel speaks for itself.

Wow. Best quote ever. 8-)

Re: Hard Rock Hippie Drums

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:36 am
by CarolW
cfoulke wrote:Coffee...I love coffee. I had a roommate once who said he loved coffee too. One day he came home from the store and had bought Folgers.

The next morning I brewed my coffee and he brewed his. I tasted them and said I liked mine and that I was happy to pay for my coffee as its flavor (IMO) reflected its price. He tasted both and said couldn't tell the difference so he was happy to continue drinking the Folgers. We came to the conclusion if you can't taste the difference between Folgers and expensive coffee, drink Folgers.

This anecdote almost works perfectly except in this case the Folgers is the same price as the expensive stuff. Again, this is MY opinion.


:shock: :lol:

Great story, Colin. Thanks! <3 :dd: :dance: :dd: <3

Mon, 26 Nov 2012 18:36:42 (PST)

Re: Hard Rock Hippie Drums

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:42 am
by omrhythm
don marco wrote:Spike, I appreciate your raw unfiltered perspective and opinion just as much as I do anyone's efforts and energy in producing an instrument of any kind.

In the paraphrased words of one of the finest hand pan builders out there,

"You can talk all you want, but the steel doesn't lie. It's a mirror of your ability at every stage, reflecting every emotion under the sun and more importantly how you deal with them. When it's all said and done, either you can get it in tune or not, either you can achieve the timbre you want or not. Whether you succeed or not, the only one that is responsible for the outcome is you. If your not ready to look at yourself, your not ready for the job!"

After all of the words are said and done, the steel speaks for itself.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Re: Hard Rock Hippie Drums

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:48 am
by omrhythm
cfoulke wrote:Coffee...I love coffee. I had a roommate once who said he loved coffee too. One day he came home from the store and had bought Folgers.

The next morning I brewed my coffee and he brewed his. I tasted them and said I liked mine and that I was happy to pay for my coffee as its flavor (IMO) reflected its price. He tasted both and said couldn't tell the difference so he was happy to continue drinking the Folgers. We came to the conclusion if you can't taste the difference between Folgers and expensive coffee, drink Folgers.

This anecdote almost works perfectly except in this case the Folgers is the same price as the expensive stuff. Again, this is MY opinion.


Peter likes Chemex, and I think he's nuts. Gimme a triple espresso, not coffette. However, Folgers? I'd rather chug chicory.

Isn't it interesting the difference in how it feels to hear a new handpan that has no price versus one that does? Doesn't matter what price it is, or what quality it is. Just notice how you feel when you see something new and how different you react to what your ear hears when you have a number in your mind.

Re: Hard Rock Hippie Drums

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:18 am
by Spike
Spike, I appreciate your raw unfiltered perspective and opinion just as much as I do anyone's efforts and energy in producing an instrument of any kind.

Respect goes both ways my friend!



And yet another:

Name: Hippie Drums
E-Mail: bryansmithXXX@yahoo.com
IP Address: 165.166.157.216
Message: I have sold quite a few tounge drums since you advertised for me.Thank you so much.Because of your distasteful remarks I now have a waiting list.Cheers Spikey maybe we can be friends afterall.You really need to hear these milltones..Ill have more videos real soon


What the hell is a "tounge drums" Are you talking about a tongue drum? You might want to look into the spelling unless you don't care if you look stupid..

We have heard the Milltone.
We also understand your standard of "sounds great"..

About the price:
Why would anyone buy a Milltone from you for $500 when they can get it on E-bay right from Milltone directly for $375
You must have a great BS story..

Re: Hard Rock Hippie Drums

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:16 am
by DANArt
....i think we've just met a new TZ tuner.

this guy may have sustained a few head injuries from his wrestling days if he thinks this thing sounds $1600 worth of product haha.


nothing like another friendly builder in the world of handpan... ;)