Hard Rock Hippie Drums

Warnings of suspect sales.

Re: Hard Rock Hippie Drums

Postby phoenix » Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:19 pm

There is valuable information for all in Spike sharing an unsolicited response to his brief initial post ...

All else aside, if this guy really thinks this pan sounds great he is definitely not one to watch

And the price ... :(
"True wisdom comes to each of us when we realize how little we understand about life, ourselves, and the world around us"
Socrates
phoenix
Steel is in my veins

Postby FoCoRockStar » Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:42 pm

I love ice cream and grits. Not together.

This thread is making me hungry. *nom-nom smiley*
https://www.morethanphysics.com

Halo - Golden Gate
BEllArt - Magic Hour
Hamsa - G# Akebono
Tacta - G Oxalis
FoCoRockStar
Crazy about HandPan

Postby CFoulke » Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:46 pm

Coffee...I love coffee. I had a roommate once who said he loved coffee too. One day he came home from the store and had bought Folgers.

The next morning I brewed my coffee and he brewed his. I tasted them and said I liked mine and that I was happy to pay for my coffee as its flavor (IMO) reflected its price. He tasted both and said couldn't tell the difference so he was happy to continue drinking the Folgers. We came to the conclusion if you can't taste the difference between Folgers and expensive coffee, drink Folgers.

This anecdote almost works perfectly except in this case the Folgers is the same price as the expensive stuff. Again, this is MY opinion.
Play now, think later...
One Tall Poppy

2019 Æther E SaByeD, Halcyon, Low Kumoi, C# Celtic8, G#2 Phrygian
http://www.cfoulke.com
CFoulke
Steel is in my veins

Postby Spike » Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:13 pm

I think it was what he was reffering by "mature".

Did you read his e-mail he sent me? Is that mature? or as he puts it "a real man"

I love ice cream and grits. Not together.

Never had grits. Will it help me make better drums?

This anecdote almost works perfectly except in this case the Folgers is the same price as the expensive stuff. Again, this is MY opinion.

And we all can taste the difference, and your opinion is a very valued opinion!

When he does show up around here, it will be fun to see how he replies to this.. will it be another TZ or will he learn? we will see soon enough....
Spike

Postby CFoulke » Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:19 pm

I hope that he takes the criticisms (both constructive and not) and focuses on refining...this world needs it!
Play now, think later...
One Tall Poppy

2019 Æther E SaByeD, Halcyon, Low Kumoi, C# Celtic8, G#2 Phrygian
http://www.cfoulke.com
CFoulke
Steel is in my veins

Postby in2nation » Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:20 pm

I managed to listen to 20 seconds of the video clip before my ears felt like bleeding - sorry hippie drum dude - that is NOT a good instrument - by a long stretch of the imagination!

Happy hippie hammering - if your quality improves will the price go up??

If it does then by the time this is good enough for me to enjoy then it will probably cost $10,000!?
Hello - Je suis Michael
in2nation
Admin

Postby phoenix » Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:00 pm

Seconds away ... round 2 ... :clap: :clap:

In the red corner wearing the colours of the United World of Quality Hanpans we have M/C in2nation :bang: :bang:
And in the blue corner, in Stars and Stripes, give it up for MIIISSSSSSSTTTTTEEERRR HippieDrum :x :x

Make it a clean fight ... nothing below the belt please

Roll up, roll up, place your bets ladies and gentlemen !

:cheers:
Last edited by phoenix on Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"True wisdom comes to each of us when we realize how little we understand about life, ourselves, and the world around us"
Socrates
phoenix
Steel is in my veins

Postby michael » Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:08 pm

phoenix! you made my day!

This is a very good laugh! :bow: :dd: :clap:

Hippie Drums sounds like :cry: :blush: :cry: :shock: :bang:
:dd: :love: Hallo!
ich bin Michael

!onlx a gap to love
michael
Steel is in my veins

Postby Spike » Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:18 am

In the red corner wearing the colours of the United World of Quality Hanpans we have M/C in2nation :bang: :bang:
And in the blue corner, in Stars and Stripes, give it up for MIIISSSSSSSTTTTTEEERRR HippieDrum :x :x

Oh cool, two guys in tights rolling around on the floor hugging that can't keep their hands off each other..... one of my fav man things to watch.. :shock:
Spike

Postby Bikerbusk » Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:31 am

I think of the first 2 weeks of American Idol .... You all know those people that swear they can sing.. and can win it all.... And then heart broke when the Hosts say you suck...I think that's what we have here ... Tone deaf , but its his... Good for him .... But coming to the big island, we going to have watch out for decorated Mud wrestlers ... I'm not saying TZ aka the kid.... Maybe TZ tuner ?????
So I don't know what to do in a critic format, when people ask for it in what I do, I tell and make cry, but other then that we just laugh as we have a beer...
But Spikes stuff speaks for themselves.. so does Halo, SPB, Bells and a couple more...
And then you get these other guy's will call them the TZ's that tell us how great there units are and how they are the best thing out there.... It's different if you selling ... Open game
Rather then let the units speak for themselves...and if the TZ's insist on telling how great these things are they should hire a spokesman or just try kickstarter ...Roy
Bikerbusk
Steel is in my veins

PreviousNext

Return to Buyer Beware