Who does also wait 18 months or longer for his Zenhandpan?

Warnings of suspect sales.

Who does also wait 18 months or longer for his Zenhandpan?

Postby Elis » Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:39 am

Who can share the same experience with to get owner from a Zenhandpan? I ordered and payed my Zenhandpan 18 months ago. I had a lot of Mail-contact with Char from Zenhandpan, but never directly with Manny. She said, the crafting-process will take 8 to 12 months... but no I'm waiting too long.

Until today - 7th February 18 - I did never get any concrete informations, if or when my Handpan will arrive at me. What to do? Does Zenhandpan really exist or its a scam? It's irritating ...

Thanks for any ideas how to get my Handpan or your own experiences.
Much Handpan-Love
Elis
Elis

Re: Who does also wait 18 months or longer for his Zenhandpan?

Postby Afinfas » Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:35 pm

Elis wrote:Who can share the same experience with to get owner from a Zenhandpan? I ordered and payed my Zenhandpan 18 months ago. I had a lot of Mail-contact with Char from Zenhandpan, but never directly with Manny. She said, the crafting-process will take 8 to 12 months... but no I'm waiting too long.

Until today - 7th February 18 - I did never get any concrete informations, if or when my Handpan will arrive at me. What to do? Does Zenhandpan really exist or its a scam? It's irritating ...

Thanks for any ideas how to get my Handpan or your own experiences.
Much Handpan-Love
Elis

Hi and welcome to the forum.

Unfortunately its not the only similar story I have heard about Zen Handpans....lack of communication, taking long time to get one, etc. But, as far as I know Manny is a trustable person and eventually will make you a pan. And I think its more then time for it, specially having in mind that you payed it already 1,5 years ago.

Did you try to enter in contact with them to clear everything? In last chance you could ask for a refund cause...getting a pan nowadays is way easier and faster then 2 years ago.

Good luck and, if you remember, update thus thread with your results. ;)
Afinfas
Can't stop talking about Handpan

Postby broussel2 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:41 pm

Looks like the problem is growing... The point is that Manny asks for a full down payment from the start and does not refund. Obviously, closing his list now would mean two years of work ahead without income.
Now, the handpan market has changed at light speed these last years and with a number of 150 makers, everyone can get an instrument much faster than that. Unless they absolutely want a Zen, but Zen are not that different from other handpans (meaning no Bb4 either ;) ). While it's good for a business to have orders for the next two years I wonder how long it can remain healthy in the handpan market.
Over the last weeks I've seen here or on FB 4 or 5 Zen list spots to transfer, at full price.
Meraki Caliban
Halo Equinox 9
Halo Avalon
Sunpan A3+E
https://sites.google.com/site/handpanscales/
broussel2

Postby Nierika » Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:12 pm

I'm in the same boat as you. When I was chosen for the lottery I had to sacrifice a lot to come up with $2,200. I was originally told 8-12 months. That time frame has come and gone. I've seen multiple posts from people that have been waiting 2+ years and even read a post by someone saying the waitlist is now 3-4 years. Communication is virtually non-existent, but looking through Manny's facebook, it appears hes enjoying life with lots of expensive hobbies, cars and vacations. Part of me feels that this is why the waitlist has grown so long and that everyone who is putting money down is funding his future lifestyle. I really hope that is not the case, but I am definitely starting to get discouraged and feel like I'm being take for a ride at this point.
Nierika

Postby broussel2 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:27 pm

Manny has given answers and explanations in this FB thread yesterday: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Swapand ... 105538507/
Meraki Caliban
Halo Equinox 9
Halo Avalon
Sunpan A3+E
https://sites.google.com/site/handpanscales/
broussel2

Postby Elis » Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:47 pm

Thank you for your welcome, for wishing good luck and thank you for your sharings and your compassion to be in the same boat

Its not really nice what I can write about my experience with Zenhandpan: Everything has remained as the same... my Zen didn't get delivered (payed 2 years ago!). Manny didn't answered at me (contacted him over facebook…) and all answers I've got from the other Crewmember till today is, that they work the hardest they could and that it will arrive one day. But when this "one day of delivery" will be, knows the stars. A serious producer must be able to say, when his work is done. That nobody from Zenhandpan is able to say this, seems to me suspect and not professional. For me that is not ok at all. …shit happens, unfortunately.

...what to say? This experience is not a joy and unfortunately I can not recommend Zenhandpan at anybody. It is as you wrote, Nierika, it's a bad ride at that point.

But: I never give up until my Zen arrive at me! I will let you kow, when it happens.

...what to do? I look for another Handpan. I will go on and keep my joy for this instrument.
Much juicy handpansounds, Elis
Elis

Postby bubbleman441 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:13 am

I am in the same boat. It's been almost 2 years with updates from Char that tell me nothing. I've been very patient with their lack of information. I was told in October that I was on Manny's next tuning list but I was not told how many handpans on that list. I did however, hear from Manny that 13 handpans were finished last month. IS THERE ANYONE OUT THERE who has received a Zen? I don't trust their word.
bubbleman441

Postby bq » Sun Apr 01, 2018 10:58 am

Hello,
I am also waiting for my Zenhandpan paid eight months ago,i copy this from manny guerrero Facebook, i dont know to think, im very worried :

SOMETHING HORRIBLE HAS HAPPENED!!!!!!!!

My team and I were in our handpan storage today and noticed it looked a little emptier than usual. In specific we were looking for a clients finished top shell we had seen yesterday. After going through every shell in storage and every shell in the shop we were unable to find it anywhere! Char says to me right away "someone friggin stole it!" I replied "that's not possible, I don't believe it!" So we spent another 2hrs double checking everything to no avail....
We decided to do a complete inventory check of every handpan we had completed top portions. To my surprise we are missing at least 18 completed handpan tops!!!!!!
We still have not inventoried the rest of the shells not on the board.... We had over 150 completed top shells in the storage. Fully dimpled and shaped ready to be tuned!!!!!

Someone has come to the Zen ranch and broken into the storage and stole over 18 friggin handpan tops.......... I started to search the property by the entrance and there is a trail of fresh footprints up to the fence and a heading to our storage..... I don't even know what to do right now I am sooo upset...

If anyone from the Sacramento or surrounding areas finds or knows someone who just appeared with a bunch of handpan top shells or is making Zen like instruments. Please contact me asap. We are filing a police report first thing in the morning.

In all honestly. FUCK. That's over $30,000 in losses and extra work we now have to do twice!!

Help me catch this lowlife theif that has stolen from me and my Zen family!!!!
bq
HandPan Fan

Postby HandpanDan » Sun Apr 01, 2018 2:33 pm

That's horrible! It's sad to think that someone would do that with such beautiful instruments and with the work Zen had to put in to make them. I wouldn't think the thief would be interested in playing them and is probably just trying to get something to sell for cash.

I hope they catch the person(s) and I hope they still have the shells in good condition so Zen can finish working on them!
HandpanDan
HandPan Fan

Postby hangjohnny » Sun Apr 01, 2018 8:00 pm

April fools joke ?
Shitte ..... Seriously bad vibes here !
My heart goes out to all involved in the making of these precious pieces of art.
This will take a lot of love to get through .... My personal best wishes to you and your hard working family .
<3 <3 <3 Johnny....
LEFTIES RIGHTS ACTIVIST
You deserve THE JOHNNY STRAP
hangjohnny
Steel is in my veins

Next

Return to Buyer Beware