bellart-magic-hour for sale

Warnings of suspect sales.

bellart-magic-hour for sale

Postby Dominique DB » Wed Nov 04, 2015 6:53 pm

I've found this magic hour Bells Bellart on a Belgian auction site. The asking price is 1.900 Euro, helmet and bag included. If I had the extra cash I would buy it. PM me if you need any help communicating.

http://www.2dehands.be/muziek/muziekinstrumenten/percussie/handpan-bells-bellart-magic-hour-261280673.html

Hope to make someone on the forum very happy with this link.
Dominique DB
HandPan Lover

Re: bellart-magic-hour for sale

Postby Jay_Raz » Wed Nov 04, 2015 7:37 pm

Dominique DB wrote:I've found this magic hour Bells Bellart on a Belgian auction site. The asking price is 1.900 Euro, helmet and bag included. If I had the extra cash I would buy it. PM me if you need any help communicating.

http://www.2dehands.be/muziek/muziekinstrumenten/percussie/handpan-bells-bellart-magic-hour-261280673.html

Hope to make someone on the forum very happy with this link.

Most often the sales on these types of sites have been scams. Is there mention of picking up in person or paying by paypal?
Jay_Raz
Steel is in my veins

Postby Ralf » Wed Nov 04, 2015 7:42 pm

SCAM! The dutch language used doesn't make much sense and looks like it has been translated!
Ralf
Lives to HandPan

Postby devoon » Wed Nov 04, 2015 8:49 pm

Very, very likely. Also in Germany I've seen many scams in the last few months. All advertisements were about Bells and every time I asked where I could pick it up, the seller suddenly moved abroad shortly after placing the add. When I offered to fly to their new country, they still preferred sending it by mail. When I offered 500 euros extra if I could pick it up, they still preferred sending it by mail. It was really funny to read the replies until they stopped answering. Maybe those answers stole their time so they didn't use it to place another add somewhere else.

No reply from the current seller yet..
Aciel C# Mystic 7 2016
devoon
Lives to HandPan

Postby slim-le-pancake » Wed Nov 04, 2015 10:28 pm

This pic has been in MANY adds for years...
slim-le-pancake
Crazy about HandPan

Postby wudao » Thu Nov 05, 2015 1:35 am

I have been regularely "scouting" and reporting these kind of adds. Especially in Germany I see them pretty much all the time. It s always the same scheme ... as soon as one contacts them they tell you "they just moved to another country" and "send then instrument secure" with some strange company that supposedly does everything fully insured ... its kind of sad. would be funny to see some pictures of those scammers ... maybe its just one person or a network all around the world ... all we can do is to report them and help other people this way not to fall for these "traps".

Anyway, nice though that you cared and wanted to share this link with fellow members of the Forum :-) If you contact the person and there is strange behaviour you will know it all. Usually they dont want to meet, skype ... when they tell you they live in France or Germany or elsewhere you say "oh thats great. i have a friend living close to you. cool! when can he pick it up?"

all the best and good luck :-)
wudao
HandPan Lover

Postby Dominique DB » Thu Nov 05, 2015 1:31 pm

I've sent a message to the seller asking if it is possible to try the handpan in person, I'll post the answer here.

The strange Dutch may have a simple explanation, the area were the seller supposedly lives is on the 'Flanders Walloon language border', so maybe the seller speaks French.
The auction site offers a translation service, here is the same add on the same site but in French:
http://www.2ememain.be/musique-instruments/instruments-de-musique/percussion/handpan-bells-bellart-magic-hour-261280673.html

If the seller doesn't agree to a testing I'll report the add on the auction site. And perhaps an admin can then move this topic to 'Buyer beware'
Dominique DB
HandPan Lover

Postby Kavafoglu » Thu Nov 05, 2015 7:10 pm

What ralf says, scam! It doesnt matter where you live, this is plain google-translate-dutch.
Kavafoglu

Postby JeremyD » Fri Nov 06, 2015 3:46 am

Last time I check, there was a scam pan sold in just about every city here in the US. They use didn't places to sell, like Backpage, and other for sales listing pages. The prices is always an low price of $1800,1900, 2200, and the person selling really knows their stuff too.
JeremyD
Steel is in my veins

Postby devoon » Fri Nov 06, 2015 9:06 pm

Ghehe, got my anwer. Like most Bells 'sellers' this one went abroad immediately after putting it for sale. To Denmark this time. Crazy Dutch language, a little laugh for those who speak Dutch:

mijn excuses voor mijn late reactie, ik ben met mijn werk in Kopenhagen, Denemarken. Als u wilt inspecteren en te kopen, kun je mijn gast, of we een oplossing kunnen vinden voor de scheepvaart.
Aciel C# Mystic 7 2016
devoon
Lives to HandPan

Next

Return to Buyer Beware