SND Handpan

Warnings of suspect sales.

Re: SND Handpan

Postby in2nation » Sun Apr 05, 2015 8:04 am

greenoak wrote:However accurate, I am uncomfortable with "piling on" that members on this forum do to beginning makers. Yes we owe it as a service (I guess), but two wrongs do not make a right... Please modulate your messages. Rise above - as it were....

-greenoak :ugeek:

Wish I could... I'm just not a very nice person ... I view it the same as Broussel - as harsh as I sound ..it's to stop someone being ripped off.
Hello - Je suis Michael
in2nation
Admin

Postby broussel2 » Sun Apr 05, 2015 8:22 am

Never piling on a beginning maker - only on beginning makers who think their work is instantly worth $2000. How many hours of shitty jobs does it represent for the buyer?
You're not a surgeon after your first two weeks in medical school--or at least you can't operate me!
Last edited by broussel2 on Sun Apr 05, 2015 10:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Meraki Caliban
Halo Cirrus Equinox 9
Sunpan A3+E
https://sites.google.com/site/handpanscales/
broussel2
Can't stop talking about Handpan

Postby Steph » Sun Apr 05, 2015 9:02 am

greenoak wrote:However accurate, I am uncomfortable with "piling on" that members on this forum do to beginning makers. Yes we owe it as a service (I guess), but two wrongs do not make a right... Please modulate your messages. Rise above - as it were....

-greenoak :ugeek:

Yes, you're right, but as others rightly said too, it's the fact of his charging $2000 for these prototypes. I am the last person to discourage a genuine new maker in his endeavours, and I certainly could never even entertain the idea of making ANY kind of handpan myself, and give credit to all who try. But,that said, setting it up under a name as a company and selling them as a viable instrument at that price is, to my mind, not ethical in a market where there is such demand and some may be misguided. After all, $2000 is a lot of money to waste in this financial climate, and for many it represents sacrifices and much scrimping and saving.

I will, however, refrain from posting 'negative' comments in future. :roll: and just keep my eyerole to myself. :lol:
Steph
Crazy about HandPan

Postby broussel2 » Sun Apr 05, 2015 10:40 am

The point anyway is never to disourage someone from hammering, and I certainly don't want to lecture tuners as I'm not a maker myself.

I'm only taking the side of the unexperienced newcomers as I've been one myself and I'm happy I didn' fell in such a rip-off--but two-three years ago there was not this new makers rush either. I was lucky enough to be a Halo Batch 3 winner and quickly have a top shelf instrument in hand as I never had one before. So now I'm happy to advise newcomers and point them to the best quality they can get and sometimes rant about overpriced bad quality. If you buy one of these instruments you'll want to sell them in three months because you will arrive here and learn and find a better opportunity, and then you'll realize that on the contrary of other handpan owners you can never get these $2000 back...

Just an example: the other day someone from India was looking for a $100 handpan on FB... which is almost impossible. But it was one third of his monthly salary, and I don't think he was doing too bad on the financial side.

:x
Meraki Caliban
Halo Cirrus Equinox 9
Sunpan A3+E
broussel2

Postby Poseidon » Sun Apr 05, 2015 10:28 pm

Omg.. Yes I watched a video of those the other day... it was a very sad day! Sounds and looks like it uses the same 'treatments' like Stickypan, maybe a 'technology' exchange? :giggle: :? :shock:

All the best, Felix
Keeper of: Ziva Morning Glory D, Ziva Amara C#
In love with: OMana (Roman Reva), Meraki, CFoulke

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/Poseidon5151
Poseidon
Crazy about HandPan

Postby broussel2 » Sat May 23, 2015 7:01 pm

Videos posted today 02/23/2015 - it's not getting any better...
General advice: check you can get the sound before having a brand name, a logo and a company...

Meraki Caliban
Halo Cirrus Equinox 9
Sunpan A3+E
broussel2

Postby logan » Sat May 23, 2015 10:30 pm

Wow that's bad.
logan
Steel is in my veins

Postby Ali » Tue Dec 22, 2015 11:22 am

lets finish the experiment before start selling it! :x
ZEN handpan (D-minor)
dream list: CFoulke - Ayasa - ESS
Listening to Handpan music is like taking shower without getting wet
Ali
HandPan Fan

Postby Knightwolf » Wed Jan 06, 2016 10:11 am

[quote="broussel2"]Videos posted today 02/23/2015 - it's not getting any better...
General advice: check you can get the sound before having a brand name, a logo and a company...

Ouch my ears. ;)
Music is the voice of the soul.

Proud mum of a Blue Point SteelHarp - Dm
New and proud mum of a Zen Handpan - Zen Ziska 7
Willing bank account to grow for more Handpans :-)
Knightwolf
Lives to HandPan

Postby Dev » Thu Jan 07, 2016 5:33 am

SND= Shit No Dumbass would buy! :giggle: I hope nobody's spent their money on these poor tin cans...
In love with singing UFO's!
Dreaming about more steel under my hands, and handpan tuning.
Dev
Steel is in my veins

Previous

Return to Buyer Beware