Pantheon Halo - Golden Gate

Warnings of suspect sales.

Pantheon Halo - Golden Gate

Postby Jowo » Thu Jan 22, 2015 5:13 pm

suspect ebay sale for UK pantheon halo. hopefully I am not doing a genuine seller a disservice but it doesn't ring right and I've reported it to ebay.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/171651235412?

The description and picture has been used on another website in Australia earlier in the month.

http://darwin.backpage.com/MusicEquipFo ... 00/5834802

No video provided or close up pictures of the article. The ebay seller is offering to sell it outside of ebay. When you google this address, it comes up with lots of expensive items on ebay under other ebay seller accounts.
Jowo
HandPan Fan

Re: Pantheon Halo - Golden Gate

Postby CarolW » Thu Jan 22, 2015 6:04 pm

Thanks for reporting. The ebay ad has already been removed!
CarolW [AKA PollyAnna] - Great Green Gros(s)Beak
Vortex of the D-Lyrians
In my lap: SPb-Pantam Kurd 9 - Thanks Victor and Forum
CarolW
Can't stop talking about Handpan

Postby Jowo » Tue Feb 03, 2015 7:29 pm

Same ad is back again with same description and same photo (and without a link to a video recording of it being played). The scammer seems able to take-over UK based accounts of ebay sellers with good feedback. The same ad can be found across the internet on free ad websites. I've reported it again but I expect it will regularly pop up.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HALO-DRUM-PAN ... 43d71bcb21

I am posting the picture and description to help people identify the scam. After all, who doesn't want a Golden Gate Pantheon Halo in perfect condition? Good handpans hardly ever come up for sale in the UK.

"This is a very rare lower register Pantheon Steel Halo Drum. It is the Golden Gate tuning of B, C (Center Ding), High C, D, E, F#,Low G, High G. It has very rich soothing tones. It lulls the listener as well as the player. With a waiting list of over 11,000 people, this is a chance to own one of the rarest instruments on the planet. I am very sad to let this go. It has been very much a part of my heart and soul over the past year, but in life, nothing is perminant This instrument is in perfect shape and has alway been cleaned and kept in the supplied, padded case that has full carrying handles as well as backpack straps, fully embroidered by Pantheon steel. The instrument has beautiful bluing and there are no dings or dents. It also comes with the original cleaning towels and original box. This is as good as new. The rubber surround ring is in perfect shape as well. This is one of the best examples of the Halo drum on the market. You will love it from the moment you touch it. It will be a part of you. It is me"
Attachments
GoldenGate.JPG
GoldenGate.JPG (125.72 KiB) Viewed 6325 times
Jowo
HandPan Fan

Postby Jowo » Tue Feb 03, 2015 7:33 pm

Also, the scammer has tucked away a discrete JPG setting out how they ought to be paid outside of ebay, presumably to avoid auto detection by asking in the description. Think its the same email address as before:- stevenbon1960@gmail.com. Again, a 'buy it now' offer of £1800 will secure it.
Attachments
scammer.JPG
scammer.JPG (65.6 KiB) Viewed 6323 times
Jowo
HandPan Fan

Postby Jowo » Sun Feb 22, 2015 7:03 pm

Got to hand it to the scammer for persistence. The same fake Golden Gate Pantheon Halo has appeared for the fourth time in the last month. Currently 20 plus bids on it and over £700 bid to date with around 5 bidders flinging themselves at it. Looks like it's a weekly event and the fact that I've reported them to ebay and had the ads removed is no deterent.

The scammer has at least changed his email address (slightly) and tried to disguise the off-ebay sale (slightly).

I know that because the scammer hijacks accounts with a history of sales/purchases with 100% feedback, there is a veneer of legitimacy but there isn't even a tuning video on the listing.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HALO-DRUM-PAN ... 1487140835

Please feel free to report - ebay's response is getting slower as the scammer is getting a bit sharper.
Jowo
HandPan Fan

Postby Jowo » Wed Jan 20, 2016 1:12 pm

Yup, its back again. Same photo, same lack of video link, identical parts to the description and buyers flinging themselves at it. Again the scammer has a photo that asks the buyers to contact him about terms of sale and 'buy now' price.

"This is a very rare lower register Pantheon Steel Halo Drum. It is the Golden Gate tuning of B, C (Center Ding), High C, D, E, F#,Low G, High G. It has very rich soothing tones. It lulls the listener as well as the player. With a waiting list of over 11,000 people, this is a chance to own one of the rarest instruments on the planet. I am very sad to let this go. It has been very much a part of my heart and soul over the past year, but in life, nothing is perminant"

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HALO-DRUM-PAN ... 1705676637?
Jowo
HandPan Fan

Return to Buyer Beware