Maximilian-warning

Warnings of suspect sales.

Maximilian-warning

Postby JeremyD » Fri Jul 04, 2014 3:25 am

I wanted to post an experience I had last week on Facebook with Maximiliano Abad. I am currently the moderator on the swap/sale page on Facebook. Last week Maximiliano Abad (MaximilianDrum) was trying to sell a Harmonic Art handpan for 2000 dollars, he told me that he owns 2 of them. I am pretty sure that Harmonic Art gave a few a these away to people and sold a few more for around 750 dollars. Maximilian would not post the name of the instrument in his ad or video, the ad said handpan and the video said hang drum. I asked him to please post the name/brand of the instrument he was trying to swap, he got upset and said all handpans are PanArt copies, he cussed me out a few times, and started speaking in Spanish saying something about my sister. He than reposted the ad and still did not say what he was selling.

I am only sharing this, because I think people need to be aware and cautious when trading or dealing with with this person. He has been blocked from the Facebook swap/sale.

Here are two links to other suspicious incidents related to this forum member.
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=8276&p=77997#p77997
viewtopic.php?f=32&t=11431
2017 handpan comparison video
https://youtu.be/AuznuFfQG1I
JeremyD
Steel is in my veins

Re: Maximilian-warning

Postby broussel2 » Fri Jul 04, 2014 9:18 am

Well I mentioned that as he did not mention any name/scale nor answered questions and the video was pretty dark, I imagined that if he was selling it for $2,000 it was probably a $100 handpan... given his past sale patterns. A bit provocative but he just insulted me in capital letters instead of providing info. :lol:
Meraki Caliban
Halo Equinox 9
Halo Avalon
Sunpan A3+E
https://sites.google.com/site/handpanscales/
broussel2
Can't stop talking about Handpan

Postby Afinfas » Fri Jul 04, 2014 9:38 am

broussel2 wrote:Well I mentioned that as he did not mention any name/scale nor answered questions and the video was pretty dark, I imagined that if he was selling it for $2,000 it was probably a $100 handpan... given his past sale patterns. A bit provocative but he just insulted me in capital letters instead of providing info. :lol:

I can witness that. I also dont like his attitude/arrogance and im glad theres a warning here and that he´s banned from that page. Unfortuanetely I still think he will make his way in selling that §$%& crap for the money he wants....

Some persons never learn of get straight... thats sad. :(
Afinfas
Can't stop talking about Handpan

Postby atonal sonographik » Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:42 am

HE
Hang for sale 2300

ME
what scale? video?

HE
Handpan

ME
nice, my favourite scale

HE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gwk7EcamwbE
2300 USD free shipping, Not waiting list for you, and Free hardcase for plane and street bag.

ME
lol harmonic thing
Aciel D minor
atonal sonographik
Crazy about HandPan

Postby Hobo Perdido » Sun Aug 31, 2014 10:20 am

which is the Facebook sale page???
lets get lost between the sounds
Hobo Perdido
Crazy about HandPan

Postby Klangzaun » Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:41 am

I totally agree in the Maximilian warning and I hope such things will make people think about this way of selling.

However I want to spend some positive words about the Harmonic Arts products as far I own a Harmonic Sculptur. I don't like their latest selling policy, which was the more you pay, the faster it is shipped. And don't like their way of communication either. This being said, I want to point out that there is a "cheaper" Harmonic Sound and a "more expensive" Harmonic Sculptur. It is important not to judge the cheap one according the price of the more expensive one. They made a video before shipping and packed it very accurate. I have the Dominant 7 and it sounds beautiful (according to my ears and still it is a matter of taste.) I don't like the touch and look of the surface. May it is overpriced, but if someone wants a handpan right now, it is an serious alternative. I don't know there past products, but the recent Harmonic Sculptur is ok. I could play handpans with higher reputation, which suck against the Harmonic Sculptur.

Maybe it got a bit off topic. However there is no reason to buy a Harmonic Sound/Sculptur from Maximilian for a higher price. If you like the sound, order it from the Harmonic Arts homepage.
Klangzaun
Crazy about HandPan

Return to Buyer Beware