UK scam?

Warnings of suspect sales.

UK scam?

Postby graham.rickett » Thu Apr 24, 2014 1:39 pm

Any views on whether this is a scam? Couldn't locate the pictures on a google search. Pics not quite clear enough to read the label!

http://www.gumtree.com/p/for-sale/panart-hang-drum/1057073829
Saraz D-G Minor
I'm an angel.... I just need a halo!!
Patience is bitter, but its fruit is sweet (Jean-Jacques Rousseau)
User avatar
graham.rickett
Lives to HandPan
 
Posts: 136
Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:57 pm
Location: Reading, England

Re: UK scam?

Postby Knightwolf » Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:04 pm

Hi Graham,

I think it is legit. I saw it advertised on FB Swap and Sale (only for Handpan), had a quick look again to make sure but it's not there anymore. Someone on there asked the same thing and one of the regulars vouched for it. Someone also made the comment that it sounded flat and out of tune. It's good that you are wary, I was nearly taken for a ride by a scam on Gumtree that was posted here for Adelaide.

Blessings
Jo
Music is the voice of the soul.

Proud mum of a Blue Point SteelHarp - Dm
New and proud mum of a Zen Handpan - Zen Ziska 7
Willing bank account to grow for more Handpans :-)
User avatar
Knightwolf
Lives to HandPan
 
Posts: 162
Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2014 6:27 am
Location: Adelaide, South Australia

Re: UK scam?

Postby broussel2 » Thu Apr 24, 2014 3:52 pm

Knightwolf wrote:Hi Graham,

I think it is legit. I saw it advertised on FB Swap and Sale (only for Handpan), had a quick look again to make sure but it's not there anymore. Someone on there asked the same thing and one of the regulars vouched for it. Someone also made the comment that it sounded flat and out of tune. It's good that you are wary, I was nearly taken for a ride by a scam on Gumtree that was posted here for Adelaide.

Blessings
Jo


Thinl I've seen these pictures on FB too on Swap & Sale Handpan. If I'm not mistaken, the ad was removed because the seller (also in UK) would not disclose the price and Alessio (admin) had a new policy about that. But it does not necessarily mean it's legit, these could be stolen pictures.

If it's the ad I'm thinking of, seller is https://www.facebook.com/lyndonlallydavies?fref=ts
Meraki Caliban
Halo Equinox 9
Halo Avalon
Sunpan A3+E
https://sites.google.com/site/handpanscales/
User avatar
broussel2
Can't stop talking about Handpan
 
Posts: 2531
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:56 am
Location: Brussels, Belgium

Re: UK scam?

Postby Knightwolf » Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:49 pm

broussel2 wrote:
Thinl I've seen these pictures on FB too on Swap & Sale Handpan. If I'm not mistaken, the ad was removed because the seller (also in UK) would not disclose the price and Alessio (admin) had a new policy about that. But it does not necessarily mean it's legit, these could be stolen pictures.

If it's the ad I'm thinking of, seller is https://www.facebook.com/lyndonlallydavies?fref=ts


Thanks Broussel2. yes that was the name of the person. When I had a look and couldn't find the post I thought that must have happened. :-)

Blessings
Jo
Music is the voice of the soul.

Proud mum of a Blue Point SteelHarp - Dm
New and proud mum of a Zen Handpan - Zen Ziska 7
Willing bank account to grow for more Handpans :-)
User avatar
Knightwolf
Lives to HandPan
 
Posts: 162
Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2014 6:27 am
Location: Adelaide, South Australia

Re: UK scam?

Postby broussel2 » Fri Apr 25, 2014 7:23 am

Knightwolf wrote:yes that was the name of the person. When I had a look and couldn't find the post I thought that must have happened. :-)


In this case I think it's better to contact him directly to see if the Gumtree ad is legit.
Meraki Caliban
Halo Equinox 9
Halo Avalon
Sunpan A3+E
https://sites.google.com/site/handpanscales/
User avatar
broussel2
Can't stop talking about Handpan
 
Posts: 2531
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:56 am
Location: Brussels, Belgium


Return to Buyer Beware

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests