found after 20 years

What have you lost ? What have you found ?

found after 20 years

Postby in2nation » Mon May 24, 2010 10:15 pm

i am sad that i have not been around on the forum recently - i have been quite down and my head has been elsewhere.

today things changed!

20 years ago a short term girlfriend of mine had a baby girl, my baby girl, and put her up for adoption (i was not aware of this for about a year or so)

i struggled to deal with this and was unable to find out any details about her from her mother. i tried for the next 18 years to follow little threads of possibility but to meet dead ends.

today she found me - on facebook of all places. we have chatted all evening and plan to meet up very soon.

guess what ------------

she is a musician too!! multi instrumentalist by all accounts!!

i cant wait to get myself back together and work hard to build up something positive for my family - i have been so lost recently - the hang began to bring me sadness - i have now rekindled my love for it and many other things in my life..

x
more soon

:)
Hello - Je suis Michael
in2nation
Admin

Re: found after 20 years

Postby GotHang » Mon May 24, 2010 10:23 pm

Congratulations on your happiness expansion and sadness reduction!

:D
GotHang
Steel is in my veins

Postby Imagineye » Mon May 24, 2010 10:28 pm

It's strange how the universe works sometimes man. I'm glad to hear that the universe is giving back a bit this time. Very cool my friend. And good to hear from you again. You know we all miss you. ;)
The steel sings only when the soul touches it through thoughtful flesh............
Imagineye
Steel is in my veins

Postby Rob » Mon May 24, 2010 10:56 pm

Hey Mr C what a great thing to happen, facebook does have a real use after all :) perfect :)
http://www.hangoutuk.co.uk

"The HangOver" - Great venue, Food, People and Music.
Rob
Crazy about HandPan

Postby Badgerboy » Mon May 24, 2010 11:15 pm

WOW.... nothing for ages and then that bombshell... fairplay man! get your smile back, learn to love life for the little things it gives you and know not to worry about the rest which always sorts itself out in the end :-)

Congratulations :-)
HangOut in the UK Music festival http://www.hangoutuk.co.uk come share a weekend of music from around the world & Play it your Way!
Badgerboy
Steel is in my veins

Postby omrhythm » Tue May 25, 2010 1:59 am

Wow, that's incredible M.C.! What a unique experience! Glad that you found a portion of your soul again! Perhaps you will make beautiful music together soon!

It is amazing how the Hang can also inspire great sorrow. It is the nature of the beast, it seems. At least for some. I too have been through many battles in the face of the hang, and have hit the bottom almost because of the depth of duality contained within it. Through it all, including a tremendous amount of pain at times, it continues to be one the greatest lesson providers I have experienced. Sometimes the best lessons are the hardest to endure, and the least obvious to be lessons. I am sure that on some level, Felix agrees.

Blessed be, and let there be light. Viva La Hang...

OM
omrhythm
Steel is in my veins

Postby Saggio » Tue May 25, 2010 5:22 am

Michael, thank you for sharing your story. I can hear the sound of the hang in your reunion.

Om, your playing of hang & halo has brought only joy to me. Thank you.
Saggio
Steel is in my veins

Postby Badgerboy » Tue May 25, 2010 8:46 am

Is this an appropriate time for a group hug?? :-) I love you guys!
HangOut in the UK Music festival http://www.hangoutuk.co.uk come share a weekend of music from around the world & Play it your Way!
Badgerboy
Steel is in my veins

Postby Simon Wood » Tue May 25, 2010 9:19 am

Michael..so happy for you..you are an ace bloke !

at times like these i remember the wise words of a stranded sailor from sweden who is the gardener @ Findhorn ...the shit that happens in your life is compost for growth..

well if you can see it that way it is !!

will be down your way playing a gig in the summer , maybe July/Aug with a kora player friend - hopefully we can meet up and play mate.
simon
Simon Wood
HandPan Lover

Postby Curt » Tue May 25, 2010 9:32 am

just great ! :D
Curt
Steel is in my veins

Next

Return to Lost and Found