lost/stolen handpans

What have you lost ? What have you found ?

Re: lost/stolen handpans

Postby yogi » Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:41 pm

I'd just like to say thank you from the bottom of my marrow to the global hand pan community.

today, October 23rd, 2012, just over 2 years after having my two Hanghang stolen with my car, thanks to the incredible Aaron Ximm, Ray, Nic, Michael, Robert, and countless other aware and trustworthy souls, my H373 Integral is back in the hands of the community. Thank you Aaron for being the bag man! :)

Namaste to you all, and may all handpans, everywhere, be safe, happy, and singing.

Aho!

Yogi Prateado
yogi
HandPan Fan

Postby michael » Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:50 pm

Om shanti :bow:

YEAH Yeah Yippie Yeah!!!!

WOW!!!!

Das ist doch das geilste, abgefahrenste überhaupt!!!!
:dd: :love: Hallo!
ich bin Michael

!onlx a gap to love
michael
Steel is in my veins

Postby Miguel Carvalho » Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:55 pm

WOW!! 8-)
This story defenitly had a happy ending... :)
I'm happy that you've recovered your Hang Yogi. :<3:
:clap: :yahoo:
Aciel Big Bear D/ G A [Bb] C D E F [G] A C
https://www.youtube.com/user/MrLuso74
Miguel Carvalho
Admin

Postby phoenix » Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:00 pm

You are very welcome Yogi ... so glad it all worked out and that you will be reunited with your baby soon :yahoo:
A happy day for handpans everywhere :toast:

Best wishes

Nic
"True wisdom comes to each of us when we realize how little we understand about life, ourselves, and the world around us"
Socrates
phoenix
Steel is in my veins

Postby Spike » Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:21 pm

Just saw the video.... YEAH!!!!!!!
Spike

Postby Bikerbusk » Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:08 am

I could not imagine after jumping threw hoops,and saving the cash getting ripped off....I am really happy for you , and hat off to those who helped....Roy
Bikerbusk
Can't stop talking about Handpan

Postby lino » Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:55 pm

Isn't it amazing how many stolen handpans have made their way back to their owners in the past few months? It reminds me very much of how a wise woman characterised to me the "end of the world" aka turn of the Mayan calendar in 2012, as "a time when what belongs together finds each other, and that which doesn't is torn asunder." Congratulations to the happily reunited owners, and thanks to all who helped make it happen! <3

Note to thieves: stealing handpans doesn't pay - they're rare, they have serial numbers, and they will be found. Ebay auctions are posted here within minutes of going up. Don't bother trying.
22" Halo #779: Voyager 7
23" Halo #970: Golden Gate (the first one with spiral weave pattern)

creator of the linotune strobe tuner :ugeek:
& Pantheon Steel's non-resident computer wizard
lino
Elder

Postby phoenix » Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:22 pm

Yes, it was a good time for returning handpans
Probably does not need saying, but given that we were only just able to prove ownership of Yogi's IH ... Serial number was gone, but fortunatlely not manufacture date ... probably a good idea to take photos of any distinguishing marks and perhaps put one of your own on the inside in a discrete place. It seems that Paypal were very co-operative with Gabriel's Pygmy, but the more proof you can have, the better :)
"True wisdom comes to each of us when we realize how little we understand about life, ourselves, and the world around us"
Socrates
phoenix
Steel is in my veins

Postby Jay_Raz » Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:30 pm

While the intentions behind some of these comments are pure, it might be best to take them down. We are giving future/current thieves ideas on how not to get caught. Though these stories serve as a reminder to be watchful of our pans, they can prove harmful to those who have a pan stolen in the future. We want people who have stolen pans to come public with them. We want them on Ebay, and we want to get serial numbers from them.

Moderators, if it is okay with the owners of the retrieved pans and ya'll agree, I suggest taking the down the recent "found" threads and leave just a sticky of the pans that are still on run. While we do loose our "feel good" stories by taking them down, we are setting ourselves up for success in future pan recoveries.
Jay_Raz
Steel is in my veins

Postby omrhythm » Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:42 am

+1

Smart thinking Jason
omrhythm
Steel is in my veins

PreviousNext

Return to Lost and Found