Rarest of the Hang Hang family lost in fire

What have you lost ? What have you found ?

Rarest of the Hang Hang family lost in fire

Postby hangjohnny » Sun Nov 18, 2018 6:51 pm

Yes .... This beautiful , and ultra rare specimen of Felix Rhoner's work (only two were made according to Felix) has been lost forever .
A fire ripped through 3 outbuildings in a rural part of British Columbia last week .... Among the many spiritual ,healing , and treasured items was The Panart Hang first generation Pelog tuning masterpiece ....I was in possession for 6 years ,before passing it on , and can attest to it's cranky nature... And bizarre sounds ... There was no such thing as a normal pattern created when you played this wacky , and wonderful pan ... I am devastated , and will always miss the thrill of raaazzz it spoke ...
RUST IN PEACE my beloved pelog pan . <3
LEFTIES RIGHTS ACTIVIST
You deserve THE JOHNNY STRAP
hangjohnny
Steel is in my veins

Re: Rarest of the Hang Hang family lost in fire

Postby Afinfas » Sun Nov 18, 2018 10:31 pm

hangjohnny wrote:Yes .... This beautiful , and ultra rare specimen of Felix Rhoner's work (only two were made according to Felix) has been lost forever .
A fire ripped through 3 outbuildings in a rural part of British Columbia last week .... Among the many spiritual ,healing , and treasured items was The Panart Hang first generation Pelog tuning masterpiece ....I was in possession for 6 years ,before passing it on , and can attest to it's cranky nature... And bizarre sounds ... There was no such thing as a normal pattern created when you played this wacky , and wonderful pan ... I am devastated , and will always miss the thrill of raaazzz it spoke ...
RUST IN PEACE my beloved pelog pan . <3

:( Sad news!!!

Hmm.....I would say it would be an interesting task to try to bring it to life. Maybe it even sounds better after... you know, building these instruments, a big part of it is heat treatment....so I wouldnt loose the hope into it.

Please, if you were thinking in trowing it into garbage, im looking forward to try to bring it into life. Or give it to someone who really would love that...maybe Josh Riviera from Saraz!
Afinfas
Can't stop talking about Handpan

Return to Lost and Found