Mohan Veena - Stolen from Chicago Airport

What have you lost ? What have you found ?

Mohan Veena - Stolen from Chicago Airport

Postby Snivy » Sat Feb 22, 2014 5:40 pm

Hi all, this came across my FB feed and wanted to post here for all the eagle Internet eyes we have around the world, especially anyone in or around the Chicago area. This could easily happen to anyone of us......

Hey Everyone … BC musician and Vinyl Cafe friend Harry Manx is having a rough time in Chicago. If everyone shared this and we got the word out we might turn it around. Harry writes:

Beloved friends, with a heavy heart I want to tell you all
that this morning at Chicago Ohara airport, while I was on
my way to retrieving my luggage, someone stole
my beloved Mohan Veena (pictured to the left of me).
Security cameras showed a man pick it up and walk out.
I've had that Veena more than 20years. There's hardly been a day that I haven't played it. I feel as though I've lost a good friend. I need everyone's help to find it. If you know someone in Chicago, tell them about it. Maybe it will surface on Craigs list or E-bay. Maybe in a music store or Pawn shop. There's no missing it. The Veena is in a Black Fibreglass Case with lots of stickers. And the Veena has 20 Strings, 2 layers of strings running parallel. It has tuning heads right down the neck. No other instrument looks like this. I'm grateful for any help. thanks Harry

Snivy
Steel is in my veins

Re: Mohan Veena - Stolen from Chicago Airport

Postby Heavenly3lues » Wed Feb 26, 2014 6:09 pm

Oh my... I love Harry's music. I hope it turns up. He should put a bulletin out to all Chicago music stores. Free concer if found! It could very likely end up coming around Andy's Music if it doesn't leave Chicago.
Studio albums available!
www.jeremyarndt.com

Download my live sets - Name your price!
www.heavenly3lues.bandcamp.com

Heavenly3lues
Can't stop talking about Handpan

Postby jcookee » Thu Feb 27, 2014 3:44 pm

I live near here, the guy who stole this instrument has been caught. It was the second time hes been caught stealing instruments from ohare. Hes in cook county jail $250,000 to get out. So the owner can probally contact the chicago police department or ohare airport to collect it. Just wanted to let everyone know its safe. Also, it was on good day chicago 5am news.
jcookee
HandPan Fan

Postby Snivy » Thu Feb 27, 2014 4:07 pm

jcookee wrote:I live near here, the guy who stole this instrument has been caught. It was the second time hes been caught stealing instruments from ohare. Hes in cook county jail $250,000 to get out. So the owner can probally contact the chicago police department or ohare airport to collect it. Just wanted to let everyone know its safe. Also, it was on good day chicago 5am news.

Thanks for the update jcookee! I see the cafe that originally posted this had an update from Harry on the 25th:

Beloved friends, My Veena Has Been Found! On Monday the 24th, the man who stole my Mohan Veena at Chicago O’Hara Airport was caught while trying to steal more luggage. He eventually gave up the location of the instrument and it was recovered. The police now have it in their possession. I plan to return to Chicago next Tuesday to pick it up. There’s no way for me to express the gratitude I have to everyone for helping out, but I would like
to say that the generous outpouring of support has uplifted my spirits and renewed my faith in the kindness of strangers. love to all, in gratitude.
Snivy
Steel is in my veins

Postby KARKOTASII » Thu Feb 27, 2014 5:41 pm

im glad to hear another story of such tragic event having a happy ending .I think i would see red if someone would try to steel my Handpan :x
KARKOTASII
Lives to HandPan

Postby jcookee » Thu Feb 27, 2014 6:17 pm

Sadly it does happen. Im a victim of an attempted theft, which resulted in my bali steel getting thrown about 5 feet landing on the tonefield, on the cement. Chicago is not a nice place to live anymore, thats why I moved away. To many bad experiences and not enough good ones.
jcookee
HandPan Fan

Postby KARKOTASII » Thu Feb 27, 2014 6:28 pm

jcookee wrote:Sadly it does happen. Im a victim of an attempted theft, which resulted in my bali steel getting thrown about 5 feet landing on the tonefield, on the cement. Chicago is not a nice place to live anymore, thats why I moved away. To many bad experiences and not enough good ones.

so sorry to hear this jcookee, i live in chicago area and i really hope i`m not going to have to deal with such things ever , regardless the place . i didm`t know there are so many bad things around this area :cry:
KARKOTASII
Lives to HandPan

Postby CarolW » Fri Feb 28, 2014 5:01 am

I'm greatly relieved that the Mohan Veena was recovered; my heart breaks at these situations! Thanks for reporting! <3
CarolW [AKA PollyAnna] - Great Green Gros(s)Beak
Vortex of the D-Lyrians
In my lap: SPb-Pantam Kurd 9 - Thanks Victor and Forum
CarolW
Can't stop talking about Handpan

Return to Lost and Found