Great to hear of lost Handpans finding their way back home

What have you lost ? What have you found ?

Great to hear of lost Handpans finding their way back home

Postby Drmmnts » Thu Aug 22, 2013 3:55 am

I am a new member, at this point i dont even have a handpan yet; but met a Hang player in the Monmarte in Paris last year and have been mesmerized ever since. To date i have listened to 100's of different Handpan sounds and creations. The Hangs are beautiful, they are the difference between a Steinway and a Yamaha in Piano terms....just not the same. Some day i would lobe to have a Hang or even one of the new Gubals which have brilliant bass undertones.

I travel the world to all parts and would like to bring along my Handpan, currently i play the Piano, and Saxaphones.... Ever since i was 10....

So there you have it.....

Great community built around wonderful music
Drmmnts

Re: Great to hear of lost Handpans finding their way back home

Postby drumabob » Thu Aug 22, 2013 5:01 am

Welcome to the forum...strange that you choose to present yourself in the lost and found section !! but welcome !! ;)
no music without joy...no joy without music ( african saying)

http://robertbobdaignault.bandcamp.com/
www.sankofa.ca
drumabob
Steel is in my veins

Postby Drmmnts » Fri Aug 23, 2013 1:13 am

I know, guess when i was reading through all of the different sections of Handpan.org, just was curious about this section and inspired. As for the jest about getting your new Zen Handpan, i am going to hold out for an Akebono...really like the extended range. Always have been tapping on things since i was a kid, so this will be the perfect instrument...though i am very particular about tuning and sound. Play piano daily and write music.

:)
Drmmnts

Postby drumabob » Fri Aug 23, 2013 3:06 am

Drmmnts wrote:I know, guess when i was reading through all of the different sections of Handpan.org, just was curious about this section and inspired. As for the jest about getting your new Zen Handpan, i am going to hold out for an Akebono...really like the extended range. Always have been tapping on things since i was a kid, so this will be the perfect instrument...though i am very particular about tuning and sound. Play piano daily and write music.

:)

As you surf on this forum you will find out about different makers...good ones and bad ones ...if you are picky about tuning ,all good pan builders are as picky if not more , as you are ..You look for akebono but made by who ?? zen is not a tuning ..it is a builder
no music without joy...no joy without music ( african saying)

http://robertbobdaignault.bandcamp.com/
www.sankofa.ca
drumabob
Steel is in my veins

Return to Lost and Found